Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

P. 4 - New Kids Area for 2019 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Six Flags to operate Frontier City again

Postby DBru » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:52 pm

165’ seems quite tall, but could be be looking at something like the new Fury at Bobbejaanland?

https://rcdb.com/16110.htm

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Funtime drop tower?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm

DBru wrote:165’ seems quite tall, but could be be looking at something like the new Fury at Bobbejaanland?

If so, I don't think it would be a Gerstlauer version. I still don't know if Six Flags would work with Gerstlauer (Tantrum was built at Darien Lake before the reacquisition). Maybe it could be something similar, but the Premier version. Something like what SeaWorld is about to put in at SeaWorld Orlando. But here's something to consider: are they going to remove the concert area and/or Diamondback. The area that has the stakes is still fairly small for a coaster, but too big to be most flat rides. I always felt like Diamondback would be the next coaster retired from the park. It is very old and fairly unreliable. The last time I went, DIamondback went down three times in a day, and it stayed down the third time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:14 pm

DBru wrote:165’ seems quite tall, but could be be looking at something like the new Fury at Bobbejaanland?

Maybe it’s going to be a Premier SkyRocket II?!?!?
Bigger is not always better.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:09 pm

^^Why wouldn’t they? Almost every one of their parks has either a Gerstlauer spinning coaster or mouse, and SFOG has Dare Devil Dive.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:15 pm

DBru wrote:^^Why wouldn’t they? Almost every one of their parks has either a Gerstlauer spinning coaster or mouse, and SFOG has Dare Devil Dive.

They haven't worked together since the incident on New Texas Giant at SFOT. Six Flags shifted the blame of the incident to the manufacturer of the cars which was created by Gerstlauer. This was 2013 when it happened.

Anyway, any pics of the site?
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Postby LegendLover » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:37 pm

I don't have pictures of the site (I live in Springfield and haven't gone since 2017). It's reported that the markets are seen along the back of the concert field, around the back of Winged Warriors over to the Nightmare Mine building, and then going back behind the Quick Draw building. When describing the site, it sounds rather large, but it's actually a pretty small area. Frontier City is very small. It surprises me, but not too much, that Six Flags seems to be making a big investment into the park. I mean, Jim Reid-Anderson has said that he is in love with Frontier City.

Postby Kemotblue » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:25 am

The area you have to include possibly the Nightmare Mine Building that is only used seasonally during the Fright Fest. There is rumors of changes to the amphitheater area and the area of the makers. Together all of these things equal a pretty large area. Draw back on this is that 3 rides would have to be and two of them were recently installed in the last 5 years. Winged Warrior and Soaring Eagle. I’ll do some google imaging screen shots today.

Postby Kemotblue » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:42 pm

Before I head to bed I outlined the markers for Frontier City 2020. The red dots are where I spotted the markers. I outlined the area. Then there is two other spots I figure run from the power station that is in the Building. Looks Like Soaring Eagle will be removed/ or moved for the 2020 attraction. My guesses is the SkyWarp Eclipse or even a small coaster in the area. You can see it is a rectangle shape. Not in a square shape used for a Star Flyer. Will be interesting if the whole section of the park has to be changed for this attraction it makes sense for them to start construction now for 2020. Those markers are indeed for the 2020 attraction. Big news for this small park. I've been calling the project "French Drain" That is what I've been told by the park employees. The stakes have SF2020 165' All kinds of markings in the area on the ground.
Screenshot (187)_LI.jpg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Okcwithoutpg » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 am

I believe one reason Six Flags would be open to investing in this park is that EPR owns all the land outlined in blue. There’s room for expansion if they so chose to. Now I’m not holding my breath for that to happen but in my opinion Oklahoma City could support a larger theme park. FC desperately needs some thrill rides and a new coaster
C8C506AA-1599-4547-9750-D6F197999B72.jpeg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!