bert goes to Texas Theme Parks (mega thread)

8/2 SFFT visit. Riding the Joker for a Commercial shoot
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: bert goes to Texas Theme Parks (mega thread)

Postby bert425 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm

jlp94 wrote:Fantastic photos! Six Flags Fiesta Texas has always been reeeally high on my US bucket list for parks

thanks! you should come! It's a relatively small park, but there is a fantastic variety of coasters & rides. and if you come during summer months, when the waterpark section is open it is easily a full day park.

I will note that even tho this is the 1st year they are open year round (weekends only on "off season" tho), it does seem they aren't really bothering with any "Shows" in any of Fiesta's multiple theater spaces on the off season.

tho there are temporary stages set up for bands to play in Rockville and in the main plaza.

I suspect that once April/May rolls around for what used to be the standard Season (and waterpark opens), we'll start seeing the "big" shows come back to the 4 "show theaters" (Rockville High & Zaragoza theater are large indoor spaces that have full on productions, while Los Festivales amphitheater, and the amphitheater in Crackaxle are both medium size outdoor spaces with live bands performing and what looked like an animal act stage set up (in the crackaxle one)).
There's also a smaller stage area in Kidzopolis for the Looney Tunes show, as well as a similar stage set up in the front of Sangerfest Hall (dining room for the main food court) which they use for music and smaller shows.

So if you enjoy seeing the shows, and hit it during summer? can easily be a 2 day park.

Canobie Coaster wrote:Wow Fiesta Texas added more theming for Pirates than I expected. Great report!

Thanks! yeah, I was really impressed how immersive and just how well done the theming in the queue was done!
As noted, the ride itself relies way too much on painted wooden cut-outs, with a couple of animatronics, and projection screens . . . but just the queue elevates it so much!

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:Great report! One thing that I find interesting is that they brought the pirate animatronic from Creative Enginnering, the same company that created the Rock aFire Explosion formerly found at Showbiz Pizza Place.

I’m probably the only one who cares about facts like this :lmao:
Six Flags also purchased a retrofitted Fatz animatronic for fright fest

That IS interesting that it's the same folks that did Showbiz. . and now that you mentioned that, I can kinda see that in the movements the pirate guy was making. that's funny!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:15 am

meant to post these, and forgot.

the "unframed" pics from Roadrunner (which is hysterical, and I never realized how cool the angle of the coaster during the pic is, since I never have gotten a pic from the ride before), and the Bug's Bunny Rapids, in all it's "glory"

LOL
7fe5123ca7e844ea8d25168d30bd3a2f.jpg
Roadrunner Express. . .
c8c4d8ac6c0547a0bdc1e3cf84ec09c0.jpg
all alone. . and yes, I sang:

"I'm alone in a loooooooog fluuuuuuuuumeeeeee" much to the amusement of the employee sitting at the top of the 1st drop :)
d8e28d8daf9a449993380b4ce6e6461e.jpg
an Iron Rattler back row pic.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:20 pm

Six Flags sure loves their stilt walkers! I do love that Mardi Gras event (although ours in St. Louis is in July). Fun photos (and that log flume one is hilarious in how it cropped you out of it).

Postby bert425 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:21 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Six Flags sure loves their stilt walkers! I do love that Mardi Gras event (although ours in St. Louis is in July). Fun photos (and that log flume one is hilarious in how it cropped you out of it).

LOL.. yeah, it was so bad, I'm sure they didn't sell a single one! No idea why they haven't fixed the camera. . but then again, they haven't fixed any of the figures in the queue!

if I hadn't had a new photopass, wouldn't have bothered, but for me now, the worse they are the more likely I wanna get it.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:30 pm

bert425 wrote:the worse they are the more likely I wanna get it.

:lol: Totally.

Postby bert425 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
bert425 wrote:the worse they are the more likely I wanna get it.

:lol: Totally.

like this one, where I look constipated
413f48b6a38747c38b0f816ab68967ac.jpg

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm

:lol:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Great updates! The pirates ride redo looks great! I wonder why they didn't just advertise that as the new for 2019 attraction, seeing as they just received a major thrill attraction, so advertising a family friendly ride would seem like the logical next step, especially such a good one. Six Flags is wierd :p

Also:
Poltergeist’s trains really are VERY unforgiving

Are there any notable differences between Poltergeist and Jokers Jinx's trains? My dad, who is a big guy who often has trouble fitting on some rides, actually said he found JJ's restraints to be among the comfiest and easiest to get into (in SFA). Very interesting...

I look forward to the next update!
Last edited by JG-77 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:45 pm.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:43 pm

I think they're the exact same. I have no issue getting the lap bar down, but I run into issues where to put my feet. On a few rides, I've had the bottom part of the lap bar staple my feet which isn't the most comfortable position.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby bert425 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:31 pm

JG-77 wrote:Great updates! The pirates ride redo looks great! I wonder why they didn't just advertise that as the new for 2019 attraction, seeing as they just received a major thrill attraction, so advertising a family friendly ride would seem like the logical next step, especially such a good one. Six Flags is wierd :p

thanks.

Pirates of Deep Sea had been announced for 2018 - Thrill Coaster (WW), and Family Dark Ride both coming same season.

but due to issues, it just wasn't ready to go in 2018 (another minor point is they were storing the carousel horses (which had gotten a major re-paint when they tore down Amerigoround to move it so they could build Wonder Woman gift shop/entrance plaza in that area). . so they couldn't open until they got the Carousel back up, since the horses were all being stored in there.

the Dark Ride really made a lot of progress once the Carousel opened back up. . at least to my eyes.

so anyways, that's why they didn't announce it for 2019, since it was announced for 2018.
the big ride for 2019, is the Joker's pendulum ride. . so we're getting another thrill ride, on top of this "bonus" ride :)

JG-77 wrote:Also:
Poltergeist’s trains really are VERY unforgiving

Are there any notable differences between Poltergeist and Jokers Jinx's trains? My dad, who is a big guy who often has trouble fitting on some rides, actually said he found JJ's restraints to be among the comfiest and easiest to get into (in SFA). Very interesting...

Joker's Jinx and Poltergeist have the same exact trains -- but what causes the problems is the side seat belt connection.
you MUST be able to click that seat belt onto the side. .and not every body type lets that happen.

not to be crass. .but those with bigger gut, seem to have no issue, but some who are larger on top (larger chest on men or women), it's hard to get the restraint low enough to get the side seatbelt to click.

I don't think I've *ever* had a ride on Poltergeist where at least one person had to exit the train. and it's not always the larger guests one would think would have an issue.

heck, *I* have a hard time getting it to click myself, and need the operator to click it (the angle is funky for me). But have always been able to ride it.

hope that clarifies some?
Last edited by bert425 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:33 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!