TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

World's best roller coasters voted by TPR members!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: TPR 2017 Coaster Poll Results!

Postby pfalcioni » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 pm

I thought I had a decent assortment of coasters under my belt, but this poll proves to me I need to ride more. Now I just need to convince the hubs that I need a month and about $10k out of our vacation account to make it happen.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:26 pm

boldikus wrote:I was bored today.

I love it when you're bored--awesomeness results. Thanks for putting that together.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Thanks for separating it out!

I personally thought Talon was one of the better inverts and thought others shared the same thoughts. Guess I was wrong from the breakdown.

I'm also shocked to see La Ronde's Goliath at the bottom of the B&M hyper list. I thought it was one of the stronger ones.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Cinecitta World & Rainbow MagicLand

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:58 pm

I made a couple edits and fleshed out the GCI and CCI rankings to include most if not all of them.

^ There's a lot of interesting things going on here. For one - how Dominator got ranked so low on the floorless/sitdowns. Criminal.

Also how the Batmans are ranked closely, and how Great Bear is so tragically low (and frankly, Alpengeist too).

I wasn't too surprised by Talon, though I personally think its one of the better ones. Not surprised by Hydra either.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks for taking the time to break it down like this.

Talon was closed on the one and only day I visited Dorney back in 2016, so I cannot speak for that ride, however I really enjoyed Great Bear. I think it's a REALLY solid mid-tier B&M Invert, and if it had a stronger second half, I would put it near the top. The first drop, loop, immelmann, zero-G, and high speed turn flow so well and are perfectly designed.

I also agree that Dominator sits a little too low on that list, but the only one above it that I've ridden is Bizarro so who am I to say anything. Plus combining it with the sit-downs probably pushed it down further since it got put up with rides like Kumba and Dragon Khan.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:03 pm

boldikus wrote:There's a lot of interesting things going on here. For one - how Dominator got ranked so low on the floorless/sitdowns. Criminal.

I thought the same on Dominator but then I saw the coasters ahead of it. Bizarro is the only one I may put Dominator above. Says a lot about B&M's quality.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Cinecitta World & Rainbow MagicLand

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:55 pm

boldikus wrote:
boldikus wrote:I would personally love to see how certain coasters did by type. For instance how did the B&M inverts rank, hypers, floorless, the Intamin hypers, top launch coasters, etc since we have threads for those things on here, it would be neat to see how they did after a real poll.

I was bored today. I used the rankings from the combined results, and only included coasters that had enough riders to be included in the poll. If I screwed something up/missed something, holla!

Uh... Vekoma? :roll:
Original Maverick '99

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 am

CP Maverick wrote:
boldikus wrote:I was bored today. I used the rankings from the combined results, and only included coasters that had enough riders to be included in the poll. If I screwed something up/missed something, holla!

Uh... Vekoma? :roll:

Uhhhh when I said "missed something" I didn't mean "what categories would you like to see", haha. That took me hours, though I will admit I was assisted by iced coffee and rum, hence why I was worried about screwing something up! :lol:

I thought about doing Vekoma but what am I doing? Ranking the boomerangs and SLC's? That seems tedious and mostly pointless, though I did think about it.

edit: just added Premier launchers, Arrow suspended and B&M wing & flyers. ;)

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 am

I'm legally required to be unbiased because I do all the entries for the coasters but a surprise for me was how low White Lightning placed.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 am

boldikus wrote: how Dominator got ranked so low on the floorless/sitdowns. Criminal.

Also how the Batmans are ranked closely, and how Great Bear is so tragically low (and frankly, Alpengeist too).

I wasn't too surprised by Talon, though I personally think its one of the better ones. Not surprised by Hydra either.

I actually disagree with Dominator, I found it pretty meh. Its so big and fast and the longest floorless coaster, but imo is very short. You do the loop, turns, Cobra Roll (which is a pretty cool layout) but then right into the MCBR. Always found it pretty meh. Shame because that first part is cool, if it did more elements would be great.

I agree about the inverts. Great Beat is a superb ride, and Talon is deff one of the better inverts.
I always found Hydra fun, but I know its an enthusiast meme...you pretty much have to hate on it. Few have ever told me why, they just lol at it, say its weird or "the roll ruins the whole ride" all of which is silly to me
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!