Photo TR: Knott's, DL, and DCA in 14 Hours + Joshua Tree/LA

Knott's/DCA/DL/JTree/LA/Santa Monica + Recs for your LA trip
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Photo TR: Knott's, Disneyland, and DCA in 14 Hours

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Oh, and I totally approve of the War on Drugs shirt. Not good policy, but good music.

My guy! TWOD is the best.

Bill, yes the colors change!

Cactus, get your spiney butt out there naow
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:I'm a weird guy that likes DCA's tower just as much if not more than the Orlando version! I don't know maybe since I only visit a Disneypark every 5+ years the experience seems brand new to me every time. The ride has everyone giggling from start to finish. The ups and downs are friggin' epic. I love the airtime and the unpredictability makes it arguably the best drop tower experience out there.

By the way, holy crap you work at Adult Swim? It's very possible I'm a tad too young for it, but The Eric Andre Show is my favorite TV show atm, just saying. That Jimmy Kimmel interview is legendary. Also, if you could put a good word in to reboot Loiter Squad and Xavier Renegade Angel I'd be forever in your debt. Please and thank you.

Great report! I really need to get over to the West Coast at some point. Knott's looks like an amazing park even without Xcelerator, and Disney is... well, Disney. :p
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Please keep these eric clips coming :lol:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:29 pm

I LOVE IT! =) Disney's California Adventure is such a great park! Personally, I do favor the original Tower of Terror overlay. Guardians of Galaxy seems fun and have so much to offer, but nothing can beat the "Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel" feel. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. LOL. Keep up the great photos!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 pm

It's time to bounce over to Disneyland!

Since I saved some time, I figured I'd explore downtown Disney and get a bite to eat since my FP for Indiana Jones was at 9:10p. It was pretty packed but I was able to snag a seat at the bar @ La Brea! https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney-district/la-brea-bakery-cafe/menus/ I ended up passing on food and just sticking with beer, haha.

They had a great selection of beer on tap and the bartender was happy to charge my phone while I had a few beers and chat it up. The Racer 5 IPA is friggin' tasty, one of the best west coast IPA's IMO. After some time to sit down and relax for a bit, I couldn't tame my excitement to get on Space Mountain. I figured I'd go check it out first since there was a single rider line and maybe I could get lucky with a ride or two before Indiana Jones.

Tomorrowland at night is spectacular and I was elated to see that the single rider line was able to get me on in just 5-15 minutes. The regular line was over an hour so I found my way down to a group of fellow singles and we were quickly forwarded down into the station where I was lucky to score a front seat ride! This is my favorite Space Mountain. The James Bond-In-Space music that blasts throughout the whole ride is just so perfect and honestly I did not remember it being as dark as it was in the coaster section! I could barely see anything but the specs of white floating around. Space Mountain is just pure fun for everyone; it's so fast paced! Pop of airtime, turn, pop of air, turn, helix, pop, repeat. I was really buzzin' as I came off the ride!

I had been up since 3:30am, had walked over 10 miles, crossed off all possible coasters at Knott's, got one the two new (for me) attractions at DCA, and checked off my favorite Disney coaster WAY SOONER than I had imagined. The delicious mix of drinks along the way was also adding fuel to my fire, too :b I still had another 30-40 minutes until my Indiana Jones reservation, so I just re-rode Space Mountain a couple more times. The insanely efficient load/unload process is amazing to watch/experience in person, and the lift up to the changing/flashing light tunnel before the main lift never fails to get me hyped up. I was definitely making a case for happiest person in Disneyland last Friday, haha :mickey:

Okay, time for Indiana Jones! At this point, it was looking very likely that I'd be able to get on IJ then skip across to DCA for one more ride on Cars + Guardians of the Galaxy if everything worked out right.

The queue for Indiana Jones is as legendary as the ride itself and I *love* the cheezy ride instruction video before you get to the platform. We boarded the car and set off on the journey. I had seen that IJ was down when I first checked the map upon arriving on Disney grounds, so I think it was still having issues on my ride. There wasn't any fire, most of the sets were very hard to see, which made it a very lackluster ride knowing what it's like at 100%. Seriously, I could barely see the snakes, the bridge didn't have any fire or lava beneath it, and it just made the effects seem random. It's still an amazing ride and I'm happy I was able to get on it, but I didn't return for another ride when I probably could have.

Time for the big time crunch. It's 9:30. DCA closes at 11pm. I jogged out of Disneyland and over to DCA straight to Cars and grabbed a beer before getting in the single rider line. It wasn't as long as it was before, so I was able to get on and off by 10:15. I went straight over to Guardians after that and got one more ride before going back to Disneyland for a couple more rides on Space Mountain before it was time for the park to close.

I got an uber and was home by 12:45pm. I had nearly been up 24 hours straight. I was drunk at this point :lol: But wow. I had walked/jogged 16 miles throughout the day, and in the end:

Knott's - 10:30am~3pm
Ghostrider, Iron Reef, Pony, Coast Rider, Sierra, Jaguar, Mine Ride all 1x
Supreme Scream, Log Ride, Boysenberry Beer 2x
Silver Bullet 3x

Unplanned missed coaster: Montezuma

Disneyland/DCA - 5pm~12am
Cars, Guardians both 2x
Indiana Jones 1x
Space Mountain 5x
Mystery Glowing Blue Drink, Margarita both 1x
Racer 5 IPA 2x

Sorry Big Thunder and Matterhorn! Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment otherwise I would have been all about that action, boss.

I'll have bonus updates of Joshua Tree and LA/Santa Monica Pier later! I couldn't have accomplished what I did without the direction and help of a handful of stellar cast members. Before I went over to Disneyland for the first time I wanted to stop at Guest Services to tell them about Mollie and Garcia that helped me out.....but there was a massive line! UGH. Thankfully when I came back to DCA for one more ride on Cars/Guardians and went back over to Disneyland it was late and there were only 2-3 people in line so I was able to tell them about how they made my day and helped me save time.

If you've got the stamina, the time, and a ticket, you can easily hit up your favorites in a limited time! I really didn't have any time to plan/reserve FP in advanced due to the improvisational manner of this trip - this was probably the lest effective way to do Knott's / Disneyland / DCA :lol: The only thing I would have done differently is I should have eaten something for dinner. I was so caught up running around I didn't eat anything at DL - I was on the hunt for the red corndog cart but couldn't find it. I always turn up my nose to overpriced theme park food but end up spending on $12 drinks so I'm a dingus, haha. :butt:

I took way more snapchats/videos than pictures now that I'm going through my gallery - I really thought I had taken more pictures, sorry for the lack of content! I'm posting some TBT snaps since I was there a week ago - feel free to add me: photoboothezizi

Thanks for reading everyone!
20180216_191039.jpg
Look, I actually have time to sit and drink a beer! Racer 5 is great.
wdw2018048937141706_408832197817_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-tmp.jpeg
I had no idea where the camera was, haha
20180216_204017.jpg
The cast members are so efficient. Well done!
20180216_210434.jpg
It's... PIZZA PORT!
20180216_210442.jpg
Yes I'm in a thirsty galaxy
20180216_210910.jpg
A really cool looking parade going by
20180216_212137.jpg
Keep your eye one the globe, not Mara!
20180216_212253.jpg
Shout out to the super friendly cast members!
20180216_212425.jpg
Rough and rugged terrain /narrator's voice
Screenshot_20180223-124046.png
This looks like the right door to take.
Screenshot_20180223-125030.png
Snapchat-485033098.jpg
Marvel nerds rejoice!
20180216_181127.jpg
The Collector's Tower is lit
Screenshot_20180223-124001.png
One last look at Space Mountain
Last edited by PKI Jizzman on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:00 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:39 pm

considering the lack of food, and the amount of drinks (and the 24 hours awake). . I was expecting a LOT more pics like this one:

LOL. . glad you had such a great time!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:00 pm

I am surprised you got on so many rides at Disney in such a short time. That sounds pretty cool. Racer 5 is pretty good too and I pick up a 6 pack of that from Trader Joes on a regular basis.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Wonderful report! :) Glad you was able to enjoy yourself and had a fantastic time! I wonder how my schedule is going to look when I visit Seaworld San Diego and Legoland CA in July. YIKES!!! LOL. I visited Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure for the first time in 2011, and I purchased a park hopper (cheap at the time for $105.00 in JULY!!!). I manage to get much done in my time frame as well. Some attractions I missed, but all was good. Life goes on. LOL. Maybe I'll get a chance to visit this happy place some time in the future. =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:24 pm

That's a crazy day and a fun story. Well, minus half of Knott's not operating. :lmao:

Taking a few notes for my future travels, and can't wait to see the non-theme-park stuff to come!
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:31 am

Great report! I haven't visited Disney anything since I was a kid- it was sometime during the Disney World 25th anniversary. Lately, I've been thinking of giving it a shot, and reports like this make it look like good times.
We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!