Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: NEWS: Mountain Monster tower complex coming to Pigeon Fo

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 pm

I am IMPRESSED! That Aerial Dive - lawdy, lawdy! Heck, I'd have to try them all! :lol:

Alice

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Most cliche ride logo EVER!
Attachments
3E5A0657-43AD-4EB8-BD45-A9B30631EBD8.jpeg
3E5A0657-43AD-4EB8-BD45-A9B30631EBD8.jpeg (41.9 KiB) Viewed 2114 times

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 am

I thought this was going to be just another sky ride, but this thing looks incredible. I'd probably actually pay to ride it. There are at least four different experiences. The slow lift to the top. Standing on the platform. Taking your swing. Then, going down the drop tower. Very impressive.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:05 pm

SharkTums wrote:^I'm assuming bad concept art. Looks like the tower from the Bigfoot Complex in Branson with the addition of a zip line.

That new style drop tower with seat belt only is TERRIFYING!!! Can't wait!

Plus the super sling is absolutely ridiculous, especially when you can get it really flipping

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Big bump, but things are going vertical now:
Source

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:52 pm

I hadn't seen this thread back in January, but yeah, take my money. I'd love to do this!

With what must be very low capacity, it seems better suited for adventure/tourist areas like Pigeon Forge, Vegas, Niagara Falls, etc., than in a large park that already has a sky coaster or drop ride. Still, I hope this concept proves itself and we see more of these.

One last thought -- that railing could stand to be a little bit higher; I think walking around up there would scare me more than the rides. :oops:

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Considering some of the Intamin 2nd gen towers only have 1 or 2 sides open with 4 per gondola, it could probably work at a larger park, especially if they put 2 per side. But then again a lot of major parks already have drop towers.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:But then again a lot of major parks already have drop towers.

Grona Lund says hi. :lmao:

Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:04 am

More progress, main tower has been topped off:Image
Source
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS