Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Mirabilandia- One of the best 1-2 punches in the world
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby x2isawesome » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:16 pm

i think I might need a return to holliwood nights next year. I haven't been since the year they opened thunderbird and I forgot how great if an event it is.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:22 am

I haven't been there since it was Six Flags and desperately want to return and for some reason, the fact that they make the pretzels from scratch just really impresses me and makes me happy.

David

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 am

DBru wrote:Your reports are great! I’m glad you had a great time at Holiwood Nights. I think I saw you in passing a couple times!

The only thing I have to disagree with you on is Kentucky Flyer being perfectly smooth. For such a new ride, I thought it tracked really poorly—similar to Mine Blower. I’m not sure if it’s a construction thing or a Timberliner thing, but even though I thought both coasters were super fun, they both bounced around enough to give me a little headache after a couple rides.

Thanks! I've definitely felt shimmies on some of the Gravity Group compact woodies like Twister, Roar-o-Saurus, and Mine Blower, but I don't recall experiencing one on Kentucky Flyer. Maybe it was because I was calibrated to riding Voyage all weekend. :lol:

x2isawesome wrote:i think I might need a return to holliwood nights next year. I haven't been since the year they opened thunderbird and I forgot how great if an event it is.

Do it! You won't regret it.

jynx242 wrote:I haven't been there since it was Six Flags and desperately want to return and for some reason, the fact that they make the pretzels from scratch just really impresses me and makes me happy.

David

They can't top the Busch Gardens pretzels since they wrap those things in bacon, but they're as good as Wetzel's Pretzels, which is a big compliment from me.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Storm Chaser is definitely best designed as a bull that drank four loko. Well done you've won TPR today.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:43 pm

More parks need rides like Lightning Run. Why more of these coasters haven't been built perplexes me.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:50 pm

lightning run gives great airtime is compact and can't be that expensive. It would work great in a place like funspot orlando.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:02 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Storm Chaser is definitely best designed as a bull that drank four loko. Well done you've won TPR today.

Haha thanks! :lol:

cfc wrote:More parks need rides like Lightning Run. Why more of these coasters haven't been built perplexes me.

I agree! The only thing I can think of is marketability. So many of these parks want to advertise records or gimmicks. Lightning Run has neither; it's just a fantastic ride. The only flaw with it are the restraints being a bit restrictive, which slows down loading.

x2isawesome wrote:lightning run gives great airtime is compact and can't be that expensive. It would work great in a place like funspot orlando.

It would work great in most places. I'd love one in New England.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Both your HW TR and your KK TR were great. I found it funny how The Chicken Wings/Fish Station and the Nacho Bar kept the coaster lines short! :lmao: Welcome to the Midwest. If there'd been a free chewing tobacco station you would have had walk-on rides all night.

Why hasn't anyone else built one of these. They're awesome!

^Lightning Run

I know. I seriously don't understand that either.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks! I'm not sure if a free chewing tobacco station would have been enough to keep people away from the Voyage. :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Mentaur » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:56 pm

I vowed to ride The Voyage one day after watching a TPR onride years ago and as it happened my brother and I finally made it from the UK for Hollowood Nights 2019. Thus my first experience of this incredible coaster was trimless, in total darkness, with absolutely no prior knowledge of what was coming up. I clung on for dear life! Amazing. When we hit the double-down I had no idea what had just happened!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!