Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Waldameer- Ravine Flyer II and Braserie, Dearie?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby coastercrazy216 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 am

Very interesting TR! I found the look at the Italian Trapeze ride really odd. Do they build a separate canopy over the ride for the off season?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:43 am

Another nice report. I have been riding Wolverine Wildcat at MIA for well over 20 years and everytime I look at pics of the Phoenix it is all i can see. It was based on it but poorly lol. I really need to get to this park. I love family owned parks. They have a different feel about them. Did you ride the larson drop tower?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:09 am

coastercrazy216 wrote:Very interesting TR! I found the look at the Italian Trapeze ride really odd. Do they build a separate canopy over the ride for the off season?

I'm not sure. Usually when the ride is closed, it has been completely missing in my past visits.

grsupercity wrote:Another nice report. I have been riding Wolverine Wildcat at MIA for well over 20 years and everytime I look at pics of the Phoenix it is all i can see. It was based on it but poorly lol. I really need to get to this park. I love family owned parks. They have a different feel about them. Did you ride the larson drop tower?

Thanks! Yes I did and it was fantastic.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure & Waldameer

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:42 am

Hmm--deep fried alligator sounds good. I like their deep fried pepper jack cheese, too . . . then again, I don't think I've ever had a bad snack at Knobels.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:55 am

^ The worst snack I've ever had at Knoebels were the pizza rolls, but even they were just ok and ridiculously cheap so it wasn't a real loss.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Great TR! And I love the look of the old style bumper cars. This (and the layout with the center part to "drive around") looks exactly like the original bumper cars building we had at Playland(PNE). Miss that, and glad Knoebels still has one like that. Also, the Roll-o-plane/Satellite going "sideways" (9 and 3 o'clock points) is great, too! The last couple of them I had been on, for some reason, didn't do the sideways maneuver. Which is a shame, since the cycle was made to include it.

And... Deep Fried Alligator? Hmmm. Worth a try, I suppose. :wink: Thanks for sharing your recent visit, there.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby prozach626 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:56 pm

Great Knoebels TR. It's a shame there weren't more food pics!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Great TR! And I love the look of the old style bumper cars. This (and the layout with the center part to "drive around") looks exactly like the original bumper cars building we had at Playland(PNE). Miss that, and glad Knoebels still has one like that. Also, the Roll-o-plane/Satellite going "sideways" (9 and 3 o'clock points) is great, too! The last couple of them I had been on, for some reason, didn't do the sideways maneuver. Which is a shame, since the cycle was made to include it.

And... Deep Fried Alligator? Hmmm. Worth a try, I suppose. :wink: Thanks for sharing your recent visit, there.

Thanks! The Pacific Northwest does have a set of Lusse Skooters still in Seaside, Oregon, but they are toned down compared to the ones at Knoebels.

prozach626 wrote:Great Knoebels TR. It's a shame there weren't more food pics!

Along with quite a few rides being closed, several food stands were closed. One of them was the roast beef stand for the legendary pierogis. :cry:

Pierogi Stand Closed.jpg

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:55 pm

Sad to see with the roast beef stand, it was open when I went in mid August
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:00 pm

^ I got pierogis on my first visit thankfully, but it was closed on my later two visits. At least it gave me the chance to try some new stuff like fried alligator.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!