Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Indiana Caverns and the Bat Chaser Zipline Coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:01 am

I love Cornball. Same thoughts on Hoosier. It's the most tame gentle coaster, wish it had some airtime or.. something!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:They have at least 2 new flats coming. They had the one from Coney Island being installed by the Ferris Wheel and a second one by Double Shot. No parts were present, but the sign says it'll be called Growler.

The Growler was the Wisdom Tornado that used to be there. Who knows if something new is actually in the works for that spot.
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:59 am

grsupercity wrote:I had one visit to this park in 2016. I loved Cornabll and Steel Hawg. My home park used to have a falling star that I would marathon so I ride one anytime I get the CHANCE lol. I stayed at the onsite camp ground and really enjoyed this park for what it is. Hopefully the new owners continue to improve the park. A little TLC and paint go a long ways! Glad your second trip was much better then the first. Oh and that outdated waterpark at this place isn't to shabby. That lazy river is the fastest and craziest one I have experienced. The few slides they have are very fast!

I'm glad that lazy river is actually fast because it looked really boring.

bill_s wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:But I was able to stay spaced apart for the most part. To be socially distant, the same strategy I used in Myrtle Beach worked at Indiana Beach. If other guests saw me wearing a mask, they tended to respect my distance.

"I don't think that guy's from around here"
:nina:

Whatever works to help keep me safe!

cfc wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I finally tried the tacos. I wouldn't call them the world's best tacos, but they're very good for theme park food and reasonably priced.

That sounds right--better-than-average amusement-park chow.

Exactly!

PKI Jizzman wrote:I love Cornball. Same thoughts on Hoosier. It's the most tame gentle coaster, wish it had some airtime or.. something!

My pipe dream would be for RMC to get Hoosier, but I have my strong doubts that would ever happen.

CenturyFlyer wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:They have at least 2 new flats coming. They had the one from Coney Island being installed by the Ferris Wheel and a second one by Double Shot. No parts were present, but the sign says it'll be called Growler.

The Growler was the Wisdom Tornado that used to be there. Who knows if something new is actually in the works for that spot.

Ah ok! So maybe it isn't a new ride then.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:35 am

bill_s wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:But I was able to stay spaced apart for the most part. To be socially distant, the same strategy I used in Myrtle Beach worked at Indiana Beach. If other guests saw me wearing a mask, they tended to respect my distance.

"I don't think that guy's from around here"

:lol:

I'd feel complimented if someone said that about me at either one of the Indiana parks.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:40 pm

:lol:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:45 pm

They should move the S&S tower by Steel Hawg. Use that spot plus growlers for a waterpark expansion
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:36 pm

Glad to hear!
I'll be stopping here later on my road trip.

I won't go any further than this....let's just say not surprised the park and people really don't seem to follow guidelines, but as you point out one can still do so on their own. The impact is lessened when others don't, but tis a risk you take. I will likely still go. Honestly, glad to hear people were respectful. That's all I ask. You do you, I'll leave ya be but leave me be. Glad that was the case!

I always heard of Cornball as an under the radar gem, glad it still holds up! I also hear near universally Lost Coaster is fun as hell despite, or due to?, its being a hot mess.

Great photos btw! The location and scenery has a real charm to it.
Coaster Count: 178

Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Gold Striker

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:36 am

grsupercity wrote:They should move the S&S tower by Steel Hawg. Use that spot plus growlers for a waterpark expansion

The location gives great views of the water since it's right on the edge. It's just annoying getting back there, so I am torn.

JJLehto wrote:Glad to hear!

I won't go any further than this....let's just say not surprised the park and people really don't seem to follow guidelines, but as you point out one can still do so on their own. The impact is lessened when others don't, but tis a risk you take. I will likely still go. Honestly, glad to hear people were respectful. That's all I ask. You do you, I'll leave ya be but leave me be. Glad that was the case!

I always heard of Cornball as an under the radar gem, glad it still holds up! I also hear near universally Lost Coaster is fun as hell despite, or due to?, its being a hot mess.

Thanks! Lost Coaster is definitely special because of how wrong it is.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby mikeykaise » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:39 am

The last time I wast at Indiana Beach I was a kid and my family stayed in a cabin and that was back when Lost Coaster was still a dark ride and the curved drop over water was more towards the end. I probably rode that thing like 20 or 30 times that week we were there. I loved that thing and haven't rode it since the change.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:19 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
grsupercity wrote:They should move the S&S tower by Steel Hawg. Use that spot plus growlers for a waterpark expansion

The location gives great views of the water since it's right on the edge. It's just annoying getting back there, so I am torn.

JJLehto wrote:Glad to hear!

Thanks! Lost Coaster is definitely special because of how wrong it is.

Isn't there an empty ride pad thats on the lake by the swings? That could still keep the ride on the lake while still opening up space for a needed waterpark expansion
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!