Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Indiana Caverns and the Bat Chaser Zipline Coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:05 am

^ I finally tried the tacos. I wouldn't call them the world's best tacos, but they're very good for theme park food and reasonably priced.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:20 am

Thanks for the report. I'd love to make it out there this year, but I was unconscious and having my rotator cuff screwed and sewn together at the very time you posted this, so... next year? (playing violin)

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CenturyFlyer » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:33 am

I had a nice time here two days ago. There were social distance markers in all of the queues, and they were playing announcements over the PA system about their "strict cleaning practices," which is a total joke!

Maybe I'll start a topic that covers my trip to this park, Kings Island, and Holiday World!
There is only one true Blue Streak!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:27 am

Looks very charming and you highlighted a lot of things I was not aware of. One of these days I'll get out there.

Fun fact: I applied to be a ride manager back in the Morgan RV days of the park, didn't happen, but I was called and I ended up becoming a general manager at a seasonal RV park / campground in Maine owned by the same company. It sucked... upper management and operations was the worst I've seen. 10 out of 13 general managers in our region at the other parks quit mid season. The Glassdoor reviews are spot on. I quit after the summer was over. Shouldn't have waited that long.

On the daily conference calls you would get updates from Indiana Beach and the managers. I'm glad I didn't get into that mess.

Apex didn't seem all THAT much better, but that's just an outsider viewpoint for someone whose never been there other than knowing how they treated Fantasy Island (NY).

Hopefully the park gets taken care of and it thrives moving forward.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:59 pm

They could use a couple of modern flats to make it better. The ones they have are a bit older. Maybe with new owner?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Is that waterpark included with admission?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:00 pm

prozach626 wrote:Thanks for the report. I'd love to make it out there this year, but I was unconscious and having my rotator cuff screwed and sewn together at the very time you posted this, so... next year? (playing violin)

Hope surgery went well!

CenturyFlyer wrote:I had a nice time here two days ago. There were social distance markers in all of the queues, and they were playing announcements over the PA system about their "strict cleaning practices," which is a total joke!

Maybe I'll start a topic that covers my trip to this park, Kings Island, and Holiday World!

I'm glad they added the social distance markers back, but it still sounds like it's among the most normal parks this year.

anonymouscactus wrote:Looks very charming and you highlighted a lot of things I was not aware of. One of these days I'll get out there.

Fun fact: I applied to be a ride manager back in the Morgan RV days of the park, didn't happen, but I was called and I ended up becoming a general manager at a seasonal RV park / campground in Maine owned by the same company. It sucked... upper management and operations was the worst I've seen. 10 out of 13 general managers in our region at the other parks quit mid season. The Glassdoor reviews are spot on. I quit after the summer was over. Shouldn't have waited that long.

On the daily conference calls you would get updates from Indiana Beach and the managers. I'm glad I didn't get into that mess.

Apex didn't seem all THAT much better, but that's just an outsider viewpoint for someone whose never been there other than knowing how they treated Fantasy Island (NY).

Hopefully the park gets taken care of and it thrives moving forward.

I heard horror stories about Morgan and thank you for again confirming them.

tanthonyam wrote:They could use a couple of modern flats to make it better. The ones they have are a bit older. Maybe with new owner?

They have at least 2 new flats coming. They had the one from Coney Island being installed by the Ferris Wheel and a second one by Double Shot. No parts were present, but the sign says it'll be called Growler.

tanthonyam wrote:Is that waterpark included with admission?

Yes it is. But I skipped it since the slides seemed on the older side.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:59 am

I had one visit to this park in 2016. I loved Cornabll and Steel Hawg. My home park used to have a falling star that I would marathon so I ride one anytime I get the CHANCE lol. I stayed at the onsite camp ground and really enjoyed this park for what it is. Hopefully the new owners continue to improve the park. A little TLC and paint go a long ways! Glad your second trip was much better then the first. Oh and that outdated waterpark at this place isn't to shabby. That lazy river is the fastest and craziest one I have experienced. The few slides they have are very fast!
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bill_s » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:35 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:But I was able to stay spaced apart for the most part. To be socially distant, the same strategy I used in Myrtle Beach worked at Indiana Beach. If other guests saw me wearing a mask, they tended to respect my distance.

"I don't think that guy's from around here"
:nina:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:40 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I finally tried the tacos. I wouldn't call them the world's best tacos, but they're very good for theme park food and reasonably priced.

That sounds right--better-than-average amusement-park chow.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!