Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Gardaland- A beautiful park with the OG wing coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:12 am

Fun Land of Fredericksburg

There are many painful credit stops out there. Some are in the middle of nowhere. Some empty your wallet. Some are embarrassing. And some are outright painful.

Fun Land of Fredericksburg is none of those things. It's minutes off I-95 and offers pay-per-ride options. And the credit is semi-respectable. Where there was once a powered kiddie coaster now stands one of those SBF spinners.

Entrance.JPG
One part arcade, one part outdoor park, all parts fun.

I believe Twist-n-Shout cost $6 and I boarded immediately. At this point, we've all been on at least one of these SBF spinners. As of 2019, they're the cool kids on the block when it comes to kids coasters. But this one is definitely one of the better ones for two reasons.

1) Location- The indoor setting makes the ride way more disorienting. You spin very close to walls and the flashing lights of the arcade is sensory overload.

2) Cycle- I'm pretty sure I got 7 or 8 laps. For my spinning adverse credit whores, that's probably your worst nightmare. :lol:

While I'll never go out of my way for one of these SBF spinners, I do enjoy them (to an extent) and have no shame riding them. 3 out of 10

Twist-n-Shout.jpg
It did a lot of twisting, but I didn't do a lot of shouting.

Fun Land is split into an indoor and an outdoor section. The indoor section has a few other FEC staples like bumper cars, laser tag, rock walls, random kiddie rides, and arcade games.

Spin Out Bumper Cars.jpg
I've never been a fan of these circular cars, but they're a hit with the younger crowd.

The outdoor section has mini golf plus several attractions for the older crowd. The crown jewel is a multi-story go kart track that would make Fun Spot proud. Beyond that you have mini golf, a smaller go kart track, and a few classic flats like the Scrambler, Tilt-a-Whirl, and Round-Up.

Thunder Speedway Station.JPG

Thunder Speedway Overview.JPG
In Pigeon Forge, these multi-level go karts are everywhere. In Virginia, they're quite rare so this should be a major hit for the complex.

Round-Up.JPG

Scrambler.JPG

Tilt-a-Whirl.JPG
Maybe it was the heat, but the outdoor spinning rides weren't too popular on this day.

My time at Fun Land was brief, but it seemed like a very well run FEC. Everything in the indoor section seemed brand new and it was quite busy for a Tuesday. The outdoor area wasn't too busy, but I attribute that to the 100 degree heat since that go kart track did look quite good.

I don't know if I'll be back to Fun Land anytime soon, but if you're into crazy go karts or credit whoring, it's well worth a stop if you're traveling between Kings Dominion and Washington DC.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:22 am

Man the last couple updates have me really missing the USA 2018 trip. Knoebels, KD, Hershey :lover:

Skyrush's seats are so unique. Looking back at the pictures of the trains the seats to curve up around your hips/thighs, but it sure doesn't feel like it around those turns. The laterals really make you feel like you're being flung off the ride!

Phoenix is right there with Skyrush as the most difficult coaster to put your hands up on. I think it took me 30-40 minutes of the ERT on Skyrush to learn the layout and put my hands up the whole time.

I miss Skyrush, i305, and Storm Runner! There are so many great coasters in that area of the country. Flats, too. I didn't get to ride Drop Tower as many times as I wanted to since it was my first time at the park. I really enjoyed that one.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:10 pm

^ The feeling is mutual. Your update the other day had me missing Cedar Point!

If you love Skyrush's laterals, you really need to put Dubai's Flying Aces atop your bucket list. That ride has the same trains, but the laterals are even more violent than Skyrush.

I've ridden Phoenix enough that I can now keep my hands up, but that airtime on the finale is shocking your first time. Now I can't stop laughing. Meanwhile I had a death grip on the lap bar on PNE Playland's Coaster a few weeks ago. I don't know how that ride is legal, but I love it.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 pm

^ You're welcome. (re: Coaster at Playland-PNE) =)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:10 pm

:airtime:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby CenturyFlyer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:26 am

Ha, I need to get back here soon. I have family that lives about 20 minutes away, and I did ride the kiddie coaster several years ago, but I guess I'll have to return to get my spinning coaster credit. Maybe this winter... Oh, and it looks the bumper cars have been updated since my last time when they were traditional ones.
There is only one true Blue Streak!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:38 am

^ I was planning to stop in to ride Jett Star last year, but it was removed before my Busch Gardens trip.

That coaster is actually now at a trading post up in Vermont. So I may ride it one day, but only if my route goes directly past it since there's minimal information about it online.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 pm

Awesome shrubbery around that Round Up, there. :wink:
Reminds me of what we used to take for granted here, at Playland(PNE!).

And then.....then....then it was........gone. :cry:
Playland18.jpg
I guess, PizzaPizza = PriceyPricey wanted-wanted more viewing space. The cads. )o: I miss our shrubbery.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:41 am

^ Wow that sure does look like an awkward bush with how it's placed. :lol:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:46 am

^ ...And it looked like it was waiting for a Monty Python segway, or something.....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!