TR: ZACH AND EMILY'S FIRST TRIP TO KENNYWOOD ***PAGE 5***

Adventures of Zach and Emily Thread "Straight to the 'Point"
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: TR: ZACH AND EMILY'S FIRST TRIP TO KENNYWOOD ***PAGE 5**

Postby TBpony414 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Damn dude, that's a really bad day! I had a day that was about half that bad at Kennywood a couple years ago and am not planning on going back there anytime soon again due to it. Their operations are absolutely horrific and I don't find the rides to be outstanding enough to endure the possible torture of melting for hours on end. Oh well, better luck next time for us both.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:28 am

I knew this one was coming, haha. You wrote it up very well and like others said, it was a great read despite knowing that it was an underwhelming day.

Way to bounce back champ!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:19 am

It's just something to laugh about at this point. I suppose most bad days at parks are better than most good days at work.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby lord denning » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:13 pm

prozach626 wrote:Thanks for the positive reviews, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed my TR.

Emily and I just didn't quite understand the closure. There were still a ton of people within the park and the weather was absolutely beautiful after 6am, with four more potential hours of operation ahead. I believe the storm lasted a little over an hour, maybe an hour and a half. That said, I'm on the outside looking in. I'm do not have knowledge of the totality of the circumstances. If anyone should not be not make judgement without knowing all of the facts, it should be me. We missed out on Kennywood, clear and simple. After the anger wore off I fell back on the old attitude of, "You can't win em' all." We used to have flawless luck with weather, but over the past couple years we've been screwed pretty often.

we had a similar experience at Busch Gardens Tampa - in January.

They closed the park four hours early due to low attendance caused by bad weather in the morning with a few hours notice.

The sad part is they were giving out free return passes like water on the way out. We were encouraged by multiple employees to go to guest services to get them. If you pushed they were willing to refund admission instead.

When it was our turn to get return tickets they basically admitted it was cheaper to comp everyone remaining than fully operate the park for four more hours.

Makes business sense but as a Canadian who only get to that park once every three to four years - I would have rather had the extra hours.
Using Tapatalk

Postby prozach626 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:30 am

Sucks. This is the second time this has happened to us in a year. SFGam closed for weather four hours into our visit, despite the weather starting out crappy when they opened and progressively getting better. Luckily, we visit there frequently. It's only 4-5 hours from home so we make weekend trips of it. That was a blatant money saving closure. This seemed a bit different. The storm closed operations for maybe an hour or so. When the weather cleared there was still a ton of people within the park and the parking lot looked as it did just before we left. Oh well. Sorry to hear you got the shaft on your BGT trip. I know how it feels.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:59 am

God, this park gets such mixed reviews that it's honestly almost amazing. Sorry to hear about your crappy day, but great report.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:22 pm

We were just at Kennywood on sunday. The weather was calling for rain and I was nervous after your review. Luckily around 12 the sky's cleared and it ended up being a beautiful day
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!