Schwarzkopf Jet Star Finally Opens 35 Years Late

A New Schwarzkopf To Tick Off The List.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Schwarzkopf Jet Star Finally Opens 35 Years Late

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:30 am

This is quite an amazing story. 35 years ago a Schwarzkopf Jet Star was sold to Parque de la Ciudad in Argentina. The park was the subject of a national scandal during construction and its early years. The scandal involved misdeeds under the former military dictatorship and as a result, the park was never properly completed. Many of you will know the famous Intamin racing coaster Vertigorama from this park which was built but never operated.

The Jet Star befell a similar fate and was never set up. The ride sat there for decades until eventually the ride was sold and entered storage in Santa Fe (Argentina not New Mexico) and seemingly vanished.

Fast forwards to the present and the ride has reappeared, refurbished and repainted. Now incredibly 35 years after its original sale a Schwarzkopf Jet Star is getting its first riders. The Ride is currently operating in Saenz Peña at Ferichaco.

As a word of caution... I'd turn the sound down a bit for this video :p
Last edited by Gutterflower on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:54 am.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Schwarzkopf Jet Star Finally Opens 35 Years Late

Postby JT325 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 am

^That's a sight for sore eyes... being a HUGE Schwarzkopf fan myself. Thank you for posting this!
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby snapfordakids » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:53 am

That park had so many Schwarzkopfs!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:38 am

I'm sure in the Great Beyond . . . . Anton Schwarzkopf is smiling :)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:58 am

Note I've finally tracked down its exact location and updated the first post accordingly. It wasn't quite where I expected.
It is currently operating in Saenz Peña at Ferichaco.
Right here to be precise.
https://www.google.no/maps/@-26.7922616,-60.4314545,225m/data=!3m1!1e3

Jet3.JPG

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ericthewanderer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:31 pm

It's never too late to open a Schwarzkopf coaster!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby #ArrowLivesMatter » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:49 pm

To bad no parks in America could do anything like this anymore, schwarzkopf still holds up to this day in my books but hey one can dream :roll:

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 am

Such a coaster that fits in a small space, yet offers big thrills. Nowadays, everyone wants to run the tallest, fastest, and insane-looking coaster as they forget that even the little coasters can offer thrills just like the big daddies. I may like to ride big rides, but I also like the smaller rides as well.

Too bad this coaster is in a place I probably won't be able to visit within my lifetime. Oh well, I can always watch the video and pretend I'm ridding it. :(

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:04 pm

palmerleeberry wrote:Such a coaster that fits in a small space, yet offers big thrills. Nowadays, everyone wants to run the tallest, fastest, and insane-looking coaster as they forget that even the little coasters can offer thrills just like the big daddies. I may like to ride big rides, but I also like the smaller rides as well.

Too bad this coaster is in a place I probably won't be able to visit within my lifetime. Oh well, I can always watch the video and pretend I'm ridding it. :(

I agree with you. I wish more Chance rollercoaster were being made because Lightning Run seems to be awesome, compact/small, and packs a punch that some huge coasters do not even get close to.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:06 pm

chschris1 wrote:
palmerleeberry wrote:Such a coaster that fits in a small space, yet offers big thrills. Nowadays, everyone wants to run the tallest, fastest, and insane-looking coaster as they forget that even the little coasters can offer thrills just like the big daddies. I may like to ride big rides, but I also like the smaller rides as well.

I agree with you. I wish more Chance rollercoaster were being made because Lightning Run seems to be awesome, compact/small, and packs a punch that some huge coasters do not even get close to.

I feel like small rides with a good ability to thrill are still being made and catching on. The S&S Freespins are a good example. The RMC Raptors are not huge and yet the reviews for them suggest that they are very good. Eurofighter coasters by Gerstlauer are also very good rides. So, the concept of small but intense roller coasters is still very alive today.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!