Where Are You Going in 2018?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Where Are You Going in 2018?

Postby JJLehto » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Well slight change.
CP/Kennywood is out.

Instead shall do Kentucky Kingdom/Holiday World. Gunna try and sneak in Kings Island, still not sure but I'd like to.

BGT happening end of this month.

WCB if the time doesn't conflict with a wedding. If it does, I'll go to CP/Kennywood then
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Definitely SFFT and Schlitterbahn, probably ZDT's, maybe SeaWorld SA and SFOT, slight chance of SFDK or CGA.

2019 may be an east coast road trip ft. SFGAdv, Hershey, Knoebels, and that general area, maybe some SFOG/Carowinds/Dollywood deep south action as well. All depends on the budget.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:19 pm

LiftThrill wrote:Definitely SFFT and Schlitterbahn...

Ha!! Great minds think alike!!

I have NEVER been to Schlitterbahn... But we have been wanted to go for years. Figured we would get it out of the way this year, and having Golden Shower Coaster near by makes it the perfect opportunity to experience a lot of *news!*
Bigger is not always better.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:18 pm

I think I've posted in this thread twice before with overly ambitious expectations. Now that summer is drawing closer, my 2018 plans are looking pretty light. 2016 and 2017 were big travel years for me.

I've already been to Knott's and SFMM several times this year.
I'm definitely going to Lagoon this month, probably once Roller Coaster re-opens. I'll be going here almost every weekend in the summer.
I'll be going back to SoCal in mid-July to ride HangTime, CraZanity, and probably Electric Eel as well.

Other than that, nothing too exciting for the time being. Something may happen in the fall or winter, but time will tell.
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby CedarFanboy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Already went to Kings Dominion once this year, but planning on going again. Same with Hershey Park.

Dollywood sometime in late July/early August.

Silver Dollar City in July, and maybe Holiday World on the way.

Cedar Point sometime during the summer.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby gp1086 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Any suggestions for a USA Midwest 5 day trip I'm trying to put together?

- Ideally would be two theme parks and one waterpark, so interested in a theme park that has a good waterpark nearby
- Would be great if could drive from one park to another in under 5 hours, but open to quick flight if easy
- Count out Holiday World and Six Flags St. Louis, which I've been to (I love Holiday World, but just want to try something new). Also trying not to do Cedar Point, as I've been before, but it's been a while and it's amazing, so could be open to it.

Ideally would love to do Kings Island and Silver Dollar City (along with one of the waterparks, but logistically seems tough to fit in 5 days, even flying between the two is tough).

Possibilities I'm considering include:

- Silver Dollar City and World's of Fun (for waterpark, not sure if WhiteWater at SDC or Schlitterbahn KC is better)
- Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom or Cedar Point
- Kings Island and Great America
- Great America and Valleyfair

Thoughts?

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:46 am

gp1086 wrote:Any suggestions for a USA Midwest 5 day trip I'm trying to put together?

- Ideally would be two theme parks and one waterpark, so interested in a theme park that has a good waterpark nearby
- Would be great if could drive from one park to another in under 5 hours, but open to quick flight if easy
- Count out Holiday World and Six Flags St. Louis, which I've been to (I love Holiday World, but just want to try something new). Also trying not to do Cedar Point, as I've been before, but it's been a while and it's amazing, so could be open to it.

Ideally would love to do Kings Island and Silver Dollar City (along with one of the waterparks, but logistically seems tough to fit in 5 days, even flying between the two is tough).

- Silver Dollar City and World's of Fun (for waterpark, not sure if WhiteWater at SDC or Schlitterbahn KC is better)

Thoughts?

Just drove to SDC from the Cincinnati area and it took a good 9 hours. Idk about you, but that's a whole days drive for me. KI is great if you've never been, and KK is about 2 hours away. Their water park looks nice, but I didn't go on any slides when I was there. It's also nice because the water park is integrated with the theme park, so you can easily pop between the water park and coasters.

So basically you could comfortably do KI and KK in two days, depending on how busy KI is when you go and if you're planning to get FL or anything. I guess that would leave yourself open to drive/fly to SDC or another distance park after that, but you could also go to CP and spend two days there instead. Also, I'm not a big water park person so I can't really speak to any of that.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Location: 2 hours and a border crossing from the nearest theme park, Cedar Point.

Postby TheJewelOfJool » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 am

Cedar Point for my birthday and Dollywood in late August/early September. Not as large as other trips but the Canadian dollar's terrible soooo...

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:14 pm

gp1086 wrote:Any suggestions for a USA Midwest 5 day trip I'm trying to put together?

Thoughts?

Kings Island and Silver Dollar City are a great combination, just count on a day of driving between them. Oceans of Fun is better than either Whitewater Branson or Schlitterbahn, plus there are a couple coasters there too. Prowler is legit, and Mamba and Patriot are worthwhile. Timber Wolf is much better with the retrack. I'd say those three would make a good trip, as long as you're okay with a one-way rental.

Day 1: Kings Island, stay until close so you can ride Beast at night
Day 2: Drive to Branson
Day 3&4: Silver Dollar City, leave early second day for KC
Day 5: Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 pm

I'll also throw in a vote/vouch for Kings Island and Kentucky Kingdom. Kings Island is a solid choice as I'm sure you're aware, and I doubt you'd be disappointed by Storm Chaser and Lightning Run at KK.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!