Where Are You Going in 2018?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Where Are You Going in 2018?

Postby JJLehto » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Cedar Point almost certain. If so, Kennywood (1st time) and probably Waldameer (again)
Probably Busch Gardens Tampa and the Fun Spots. Really depends if the GF takes any business trips to Orlando/Tampa I sometimes go along and have said next time I'll duck away to one of the parks.

Hopefully Magic Mountain and Knotts Berry on the WCB, I already have a long ago planned trip that can't be moved in early Sept. Sadly if WCB falls during then I'll miss it, but if not I am 100% going this year, which would be the first time in 5 years :O :(

Taking a trip up to Boston this year and I would love to hit up SF:NE, depends on time constraints as its not set in stone.

So anywhere from 2-9 parks :lmao:
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am

At the moment, it's looking like I will be down Virginia way for opening weekend at Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. After that, I've booked tickets mid-April for my first ever trip to the state of Texas, where I'll be hitting both Six Flags parks, SeaWorld, and probably ZDT so I can check out that awesome wooden boomerang. I'm tentatively penciling in a mini-roadtrip over Memorial Day weekend to head out to PA and Ohio to get my Steel Vengeance fix and probably hit up Kings Island as well. The rest of the summer, no concrete plans as of yet, but in November I'm hoping to get the family and myself down to Florida for the kids' first visits to the major Orlando parks and, if time permits, also Busch Gardens.
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am

michaellynn4 wrote:2018 is split into "pre-wedding" (07/14/18) and "post-wedding" sections for me.

Pre-Wedding
This time period will be very lean - we actually passed on getting season passes anywhere next year in order to save money, influenced by the idea that we wouldn't have much free time on weekends to go anywhere anyway. I may visit SFGAdv with my brother with one of his BAFF discounts, but that'll most likely be it.

Post-Wedding (a.k.a. "The Lynns are Going Dutch!"
One of the main reasons why we're saving money now, aside for the wedding and a down-payment on a house, is because we decided that we're going to the Netherlands for our honeymoon. We're most likely staying for 10-14 days, some of which must be dedicated to non-amusement park stuff, so I'm looking at Efteling, Walibi Holland, Toverland, and maybe Attractiepark Slagharen, but only if time allows for it. Once we're home, I plan on getting the 2019 Six Flags passes in order to get into SFGAdv for the remainder of the year, too.

Okay, so the honeymoon plans have changed a bit. Instead of spending two weeks in the Netherlands, we're cutting that in half and spending a week in Great Britain. As a result, Alton Towers, BPB, and Thorpe Park are all on the radar now. I don't think Rikki will tolerate having a honeymoon that's 75% coasters, so I'm going to have to see what I can do without.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 am

We just reserved our PA trip in July. This is our most coaster focused trip we've ever had.

Saturday, July 14: Drive 9 hours to Pittsburgh. Get dinner somewhere exclusive to the area.Stay at the Hyatt House (free night)

Sunday: Kennywood, likely with the VIP pass. Stay at the Hyatt House (free night)

Monday: Wake up early and drive 3 hours to Knoebels. Staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express.

Tuesday: Touring the Yuengling Brewery and the area. Staying at Holday Inn Express.

Wednesday: Hershey Park. Staying at Hershey Lodge.

Thursday: Hershey Park. Likely with premium fast queue. Staying at Hershey Lodge.

Friday: drive 12 hours home feeling like shit from eating crap food for several days.

This Friday we're also reserving our coaster campout trip at Cedar Point for May.

Four of us purchased KI tickets/fast lane + combos for our guys trip in June, where we can hit a 10am-12am operating hour Saturday.

This year is looking great, so far. We're also going to Pensacola Beach, FL in August for our 6th anniversary. KW, and Knoebels are new parks for us. Not that I give a shit, but I should be over 200 coasters by the end of the PA trip. I think I'm sitting at 180 something. This is our second to last summer before we start trying to have a child, so we're even willing to chip into our savings if necessary, which is usually a huge no-no for us.
Last edited by prozach626 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm

^ I think you're going to really enjoy the Hershey Lodge. I feel it's going to deliver on the level of comfort that you tend to look for based on your hotel preferences.

BTW, never thanked you for the recommendation on the Hyatt Rewards card. I signed up for it last spring and made it mine and Rikki's primary card. It's helped ensure our lodging expenses on our honeymoon are a tiny fraction of the normal cost.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Updated 2018 hit list:

Six Flags America
Six Flags Great Adventure
Dorney Park
Hersheypark
Knoebels
Kennywood
Cedar Point
King's Island
Carowinds
Waldameer
Conneaut Lake
Darien Lake
SFNE
Holiday World
Kentucky Kingdom
King's Dominion

Maybe:

Six Flags Over Georgia
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Busch Gardens Tampa
Sea World Orlando
Dollywood

I have two 10 day trips planned this summer. I split one monster trip into two to alleviate the death march feel. Now the first of those trips is reaching death march level again. Waldameer and Conneaut are "run in and get the woodie credits" stops, though. My daughter asked if we could go to Niagara Falls on one of these trips, so why not add Darien Lake as well? We could possibly ride three identical SLCs in one trip. Jealous yet? ::lol::

Postby prozach626 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Mike, I'm glad you're enjoying the card! We love ours and I can't imagine how much money we've saved. Enjoy your honeymoon and cograts!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:22 pm

So far we are going to:

Six Flags Over Texas
Hershey Park
Knoebels
Kings Dominion
Six Flags America
Six Flags Over Georgia
Universal Orlando
Islands Of Adventure
Busch Gardens
SeaWorld Orlando
Six Flags St. Louis
Kings Island
Cedar Point
Six Flags Great America

Then SFOT a few more times...

Should be a decent season for us!
Bigger is not always better.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:08 am

Well, sadly... It's time for an update. When I first posted this list we had pretty much finalized where we would be going and when. That being said, events out of our control with our friends that were going to be doing a lot of traveling with us this year has caused us to re-vamp our list. :cry:

DoinItForTheFame wrote:So far we are going to:

Six Flags Over Texas - DONE!
H̶e̶r̶s̶h̶e̶y̶p̶a̶r̶k̶ - Ummm, given they don't have their "Fast Track" online for this summer... That's a no go.
Knoebels - Still happening! (This month actually!)
Kings Dominion - Still happening! (This month actually!)
S̶i̶x̶ ̶F̶l̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶G̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶A̶d̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ - Not happening. Won't fit in our time frame for the trip like we had originally planned. Voted to go KD instead.
Six Flags America - Still happening! (This month actually!)
Six Flags Over Georgia - Still happening! (In mid-October!)
U̶n̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶o̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.
I̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶O̶f̶ ̶A̶d̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.
B̶u̶s̶c̶h̶ ̶G̶a̶r̶d̶e̶n̶s̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.
S̶e̶a̶W̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶O̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶o̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.
S̶i̶x̶ ̶F̶l̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶S̶t̶.̶ ̶L̶o̶u̶i̶s̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.
K̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶I̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.
C̶e̶d̶a̶r̶ ̶P̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.
S̶i̶x̶ ̶F̶l̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶G̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶r̶i̶c̶a̶ - Not happening due to our friends having issues beyond any of our control.

Then SFOT a few more times... - (Still happening)

S̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶s̶!̶ (Clearly not anymore!)

So given that we lost our "major" trips this year, which is kind of okay because it gives us more time to focus on planning our wedding! We have decided to take it a bit light on the "major" summer trip this year. So instead of the FL trip, and the Ohio trip... We will be doing a Texas trip!

Our trip will consist of:

Hurricane Harbor (Arlington)
Schlitterbahn (New Braunfels)
Six Flags Fiesta Texas (Gotta try Golden Shower Coaster while we are down there)
ZDT's
Galveston Island Pleasure Pier
Kemah Boardwalk
Six Flags Over Texas

Mostly in that order! Should be a fun little minor trip to replace our other trips that fell apart.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!
Bigger is not always better.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:06 am

Kings Dominion
Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Both relatively frequently.

Looking into trips to:

Kennywood
Hersheypark
Knoebels
Carowinds

MAYBE

Six Flags America
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!