Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 am

That sounds like my experience on Wildfire! I was the only one on the train and it was raining. The front was so good, but thankfully the back was the superior seat like most of the other RMCs.

Dollywood will run the coaster in as low as 36 degrees; however, it needs to be above 40 degrees to open. If the coaster breaks down (because Lightning Rod would never do that...), I believe it also may need to be above 40 degrees to reopen. Thankfully the average temperature this time of year is about 50 so during the day it isn't too much of an issue.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Canobie I'm thrilled to hear you finally got to ride Lightning Rod!! I'm heading down there this week for my first Smoky Mountain Christmas and will definitely check out the show you mentioned.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:32 pm

TBpony414 wrote:Canobie I'm thrilled to hear you finally got to ride Lightning Rod!! I'm heading down there this week for my first Smoky Mountain Christmas and will definitely check out the show you mentioned.

The 10 day weather outlook isn't the best for my days 27th-28th, but I'm not worried.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Great report! I'm glad that so many are saying Lightning Rod lives up to expectations. It was a bit disappointing for me to have it closed while we were there, but we are definitely going back to Dollywood sometime in the next few years.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:55 pm

TBpony414 wrote:Canobie I'm thrilled to hear you finally got to ride Lightning Rod!! I'm heading down there this week for my first Smoky Mountain Christmas and will definitely check out the show you mentioned.

so jealous!

hopefully we'll hit Dollywood in May/June timeframe of 2018. . fingers crossed that planned trip comes together

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanks! At least no snow is in the forecast for your trips. I just hope Lightning Rod's start up temperature can be hit on your days since it appears to be something a degree or two higher than the others.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS