Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Robb & Elissa in the UAE - 2017! Dubai & Abu Dhabi!

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:20 am

There is such a law but only applies really to people who live here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:26 am

^Ahh thanks so as a tourist, it would be alright taking pictures? I don't zoom a lot as in one car but more to fit in a train going by when I take pictures. I asked a friend who teaches out there so that must be where I got confused.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 am

Yeah. It's basically common sense. Don't take close ups of locals unless you ask. They will usually say yes! Its particularly local women that may have a problem. If your a tourist they are less likely to be bothered than if you live here.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:47 am

robbalvey wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:Maybe it's just me but the pictures make everything inside the building look really dark compared to like Ferrari Land where there's a ton of natural light. Did you get that vibe in person or is it just how things looks in photos?

It IS a much darker feel, but I think that's on purpose. It lends itself well for the Marvel and the Lost Valley areas and then Cartoon Network areas are a bit brighter.

The Lost Valley area looks great and the whole Marvel section has a really a cool nightime city look, it's not bad, just kinda darker.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:57 am

Guy T. Koepp wrote:This place looks amazeballs! :br

oh yeah, that Spider-Man coaster looks hella fun.

I'll have to find some way to travel solo to these places, since my Hubby won't go overseas.. it's just a question of planning and timing (I'm still a working stiff, so getting time off is always a problem for me).

but wow, Robb. . this looks like it was an amazing trip, with some fantastic food too!

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:32 am

Send me a pm and I can help you with pls. K g.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:39 pm

I noticed how the netting under the Spider-Man coaster is cleverly designed to look like webbing, which is inferred by the exit of the tunnel that people see where Spidey is shooting webs in the direction, probably to catch the trains from hitting the ground! Cool design!

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Really awesome report. This park definitely rivials and looks better than many outdoor parks.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:47 am

Really nice review, i've decided to take a closer look at Dubai after this post!

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:05 am

So sorry for the bump, but did you guys ride Velociraptor, the Mack Launch?
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS