Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:15 pm

2 months and counting....

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:57 pm

flagrockerthegreat wrote:2 months and counting....

YEP! I'm ready to see how this park turns out! =) I know it's going to be amazing!

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm

coasterbill wrote:
EliHorton wrote:I absolutely love this! Although I've heard Thunderbolt isn't the *best* coaster, I'm sure Zamperla has done some tinkering with the restraints, wheel assembly, and their track bending techniques.

Personally I found the whining about Thunderbolt to be overblown. We rode it in September and really enjoyed it. We didn't find it rough at all.

Not at all. Once you learn how to ride Thunderbolt it actually has a really intense and unique layout. After that funky turnaround the airtime hills provide crazy ejector air.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 am

Rolling Thunder still hasn't been assembled.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Supports for Rollin' Thunder at OWA have begun to arrive. They are now claiming a mid-Summer 2017 opening.

Pic posted on their FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/VisitOWA/
The Rollin' Thunder is officially rollin' in! Stay tuned for more updates on its progress and more!

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 am

^

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 am

Yay

thumb_cxuxcdtviaaqykf.jpg
thumb_cxuxcdtviaaqykf.jpg (274.82 KiB) Viewed 1978 times

All joking aside though, a new credit is always a good thing, even if it's a zamperla torture machine at least the locals will get hyped about it.

Sun May 07, 2017 9:26 am

LET'S DO OUR PART FELLOW THEME PARK JUNKIES AND SPREAD THE NEWS ABOUT THIS AMAZING NEW THEME PARK OPENING IN ALABAMA! MAKE VIDEOS . . . POST ON FACEBOOK . . . TWITTER . . . WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GIVE THIS PARK THE ATTENTION IT NEEDS!!! =)

Sun May 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Rollin Thunder is finally seeing heights, I'm excited and can't wait to see what the future is for the park!
Attachments
IMG_1155.JPG

Sun May 21, 2017 1:46 pm

flagrockerthegreat wrote:Rollin Thunder is finally seeing heights, I'm excited and can't wait to see what the future is for the park!

I heard mixed reviews about Thunderbolt at Luna Park. I've never rode it, but I'm sure Rollin Thunder will give me an idea of what to expect. I hope it's a great!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS