Page 3 of 13

Re: OWA AMUSEMENT PARK FOLEY ALABAMA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:18 am
by screaminkid2005
scubaski wrote:Some of you have heard about the new amusement park coming to Foley Alabama opening this summer. It's supposed to have three thrill rides including one major roller coaster which if I remember correctly will be the longest in the southeast.


Wait, so I'm confused. Is there a coaster that hasn't been announced for this park yet or are we talking about the thunderbolt clone? I'm hearing lots of people say longest coaster in the south east as well that news report saying second longest in the country.

Re: OWA AMUSEMENT PARK FOLEY ALABAMA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:24 am
by Rollercoaster Rider
screaminkid2005 wrote:
scubaski wrote:Some of you have heard about the new amusement park coming to Foley Alabama opening this summer. It's supposed to have three thrill rides including one major roller coaster which if I remember correctly will be the longest in the southeast.


Wait, so I'm confused. Is there a coaster that hasn't been announced for this park yet or are we talking about the thunderbolt clone? I'm hearing lots of people say longest coaster in the south east as well that news report saying second longest in the country.



They also said it's more upscale than Six Flags. I heard it was opening with 4 coasters but they're pulling a Tony Clark and calling their Disk O Coaster a Coaster. So We've got the Thunderbolt Clone, Wild Mouse, and 1 other? Maybe a Kids Coaster or Volare?

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:52 am
by Philrad71
Reminds me of Barefoot Landing or Broadway At The Beach in Myrtle Beach - but with an amusement park.

Should be interesting to watch the progress!

Re: OWA AMUSEMENT PARK FOLEY ALABAMA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 pm
by ytterbiumanalyst
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:They also said it's more upscale than Six Flags.

So that would make this, what, the Target of theme parks?

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:54 am
by ElvisLuv
I think it needs a woodie two years after opening in 2019.

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:56 am
by TheCoasterKid211
ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Imagine "Downtown Disney," but with a theme park added!

It counts. Shut up.

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:50 am
by Rollercoaster Rider
ElvisLuv wrote:I think it needs a woodie two years after opening in 2019.



Does Zamperla make Wooden Coasters? Maybe they could build a Mine Train like Tren Bravo at Terra Mitica (Hybrid Structure)

https://rcdb.com/1082.htm#p=1272

Tried to add a picture of #1, Can someone try to fix it for me.

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 am
by ThemeParkJunkie51290
TheCoasterKid211 wrote:
ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Imagine "Downtown Disney," but with a theme park added!

It counts. Shut up.


True, but on a different level entirely. Hopefully, this park does great and everyone will have a fun time!

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 am
by AJK
Does Zamperla make Wooden Coasters? Maybe they could build a Mine Train like Tren Bravo at Terra Mitica (Hybrid Structure)

They do the maintenance for Cyclone @ Coney Island (considering they run every ride at that park), which may mean they could at some point.

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:51 am
by Rollercoaster Rider
AJK wrote:
Does Zamperla make Wooden Coasters? Maybe they could build a Mine Train like Tren Bravo at Terra Mitica (Hybrid Structure)

They do the maintenance for Cyclone @ Coney Island (considering they run every ride at that park), which may mean they could at some point.


Pretty sure they brought in GCI to retrack it.