Scotch Plains Amusement Park Bowcraft Is Closing

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Scotch Plains Amusement Park Bowcraft Is Closing

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Wow thanks for letting me know. I was planning on going to Adventureland tomorrow while I was in the area, but this will change my plans to go to Bowcraft before they close. It's a shame to see small family places like this go.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland & World Waterpark

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:16 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Satans Hockey wrote:Apparently this place is 30 minutes from me and I've never even heard of it.

You still have time to go and honestly you should. If I had Crossbow 30 minutes from me I'd ride it quite a bit. It's not amazing but it's a fun ride.

I might try to get over there before it closes, anything else worth going on?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:52 pm

I never like to see a park shut its doors for good, even if the park isn't on an Astroworld/Geauga Lake scale at closing. The Zierer Crossbow looks like it really packs a punch for its size -- I'd be surprised if it doesn't find a new home sooner than later.

Postby coasterbill » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:31 am

Satans Hockey wrote:I might try to get over there before it closes, anything else worth going on?

Not really. If you're into credit whoring they have a kids coaster and I think adults can ride it but I don't know for sure since we're not about that life. They also have a Paratrooper which we rode because I love them, but there's nothing about it that makes it noteworthy. It's not like it's the Fun Spot America paratrooper of death that everyone needs to go out of their way to experience.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:31 pm

I have vague recollections of this park existing. Here's our report from when we visited in 2011 complete with some POV's!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=319&linkid=10878

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:30 pm

It's always sad to see a small local park close in the name of "progress" if one can really call it progress. They may not be big on the wow factor, but they have their charm and many of us have grown up on them and is what led us to our bigger adventures.

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:40 pm

^ Well, there's always the slim chance that it could be Conneaut Lake'd for the next 20 years! :lol:

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:30 pm

^ :nina:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:01 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Satans Hockey wrote:I might try to get over there before it closes, anything else worth going on?

Not really. If you're into credit whoring they have a kids coaster and I think adults can ride it but I don't know for sure since we're not about that life. They also have a Paratrooper which we rode because I love them, but there's nothing about it that makes it noteworthy. It's not like it's the Fun Spot America paratrooper of death that everyone needs to go out of their way to experience.

I stopped in for a little bit earlier today. Crossbow had a nice layout and I liked the trains, but it was rattling the whole ride. The Dragon Coaster does allow adults (I may or may not know from experience). Outside of that, the park has some classic flats and kiddie rides. The antique cars looked particularly nice with safari statues next to the layout.

As a thrill seeker, the park wouldn't have warranted a return trip from me. However, the park had an excellent collection of rides for the younger crowd.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland & World Waterpark

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:10 pm

I guess that was kinda my point, a great little park to start the young-uns out at before they are ready for the big time. Sometimes the big parks are too overwhelming for kids and these small family parks help ease them in to the majors. Plus, they are a lot of fun for the whole group from toddlers to grandmas. Sad there are not to many left.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!