Legendia Park Discussion Thread

P. 15 - TPR's Lech Coaster POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Legendia Park Discussion Thread

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:57 am

I've heard people compare Lech coaster to an RMC, but for me it gave more of an "old school B&M" vibe. That is a good thing, as I like those types of rides. It basically felt like Kumba with few airtime hills mixed in.

However, i did not think it was the best coaster in Poland. I preferred Hyperion. Lech Coaster was second best of me, and I would love to see more of these.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:05 pm

I feel like I need to weigh in here and I have some street cred. After all, don't forget, that if you name a character after me in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, it will go around saying how much she wants to ride an Intamin ride.

That being said, I rode and enjoyed Lech Coaster a TON more than Hyperion. I wanted to love Hyperion more than anything and anybody, but I just couldn't. It was way too 'vibraty'. It gave me a headache after one ride. Then the next day I went and freakin marathoned the Vekoma ride!?!

If anyone had ever told me this would ever happen I would have called them crazy and walked away after rolling my eyes.

Now, I fully believe that if the park took better care of Hyperion it could give some AMAZING rides and probably be tied with Lech Coaster in my eyes for "best coaster in Poland", but I've always believed in judging a ride fairly and not by "the omg best night rides" or "after it's warmed up all day" or "at this enthusiast event you can ride it three times in a row", you have to judge it by how it normally delivers. I have friends that I trust their opinions and they say they had great rides on it. That's awesome, but I have to judge it by the rides I took.

Let's remember that it's kind of cool that Poland now has a kick ass RMC, Vekoma, and Intamin when five years ago they basically had NOTHING!!!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:43 pm

SharkTums wrote:I feel like I need to weigh in here and I have some street cred. After all, don't forget, that if you name a character after me in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, it will go around saying how much she wants to ride an Intamin ride.

I actually didn't know that. That makes you a legend. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:20 am

Lech looks amazing.

Now, if only some American parks can get behind Vekoma again!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:16 pm

^ I think with their Disney projects they're not too worried about business elsewhere.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:33 pm

WolfBobs wrote:Now, if only some American parks can get behind Vekoma again!

KBrylczyk wrote:^ I think with their Disney projects they're not too worried about business elsewhere.

I recall hearing somewhere that Vekoma's "traditional" coaster backlog is almost exclusively for Fantawild theme parks for at least the next few years.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!