Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Busch Gardens San Antonio Part 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:17 pm

I'd never really paid much attention to SFFT since none of my plans have ever taken me anywhere near it, but I'm apparently heading there and Schlitterbahn for something of a (really great) birthday present early next month. Now that I'm actually looking it up...I have to agree, how is that a Six Flags!? Those pictures look amazing. Actual scenery and themeing, and not half-assed at all... I really can not wait to see this place myself (and the rest of the TR!).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 am

:nina:
coasterbill wrote:I’ll sleep well tonight knowing that I stopped someone from going to La Ronde. It’s nice to know that you’re making a difference in the world. :lol:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:51 am

Rai Fox wrote:I'd never really paid much attention to SFFT since none of my plans have ever taken me anywhere near it, but I'm apparently heading there and Schlitterbahn for something of a (really great) birthday present early next month. Now that I'm actually looking it up...I have to agree, how is that a Six Flags!? Those pictures look amazing. Actual scenery and themeing, and not half-assed at all... I really can not wait to see this place myself (and the rest of the TR!).

be warned. .it's August/early Sept, so gonna be HOT. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

and if the water park is not open (water park is only open daily thru 8/16, then goes to weekends only for 3 weeks before closing for season)? crowd will be insane, as the waterpark draws a lot of the crowd in the heat.

on the + side, maybe Iron Rattler will be back to 2 train operations (supposed to happen by end of August). .and THIS is now open (pic from my visit yesterday):
IMG_8100.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Zand » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am

bert425 wrote:
Rai Fox wrote:I'd never really paid much attention to SFFT since none of my plans have ever taken me anywhere near it, but I'm apparently heading there and Schlitterbahn for something of a (really great) birthday present early next month. Now that I'm actually looking it up...I have to agree, how is that a Six Flags!? Those pictures look amazing. Actual scenery and themeing, and not half-assed at all... I really can not wait to see this place myself (and the rest of the TR!).

and if the water park is not open (water park is only open daily thru 8/16, then goes to weekends only for 3 weeks before closing for season)? crowd will be insane, as the waterpark draws a lot of the crowd in the heat.

on the + side, maybe Iron Rattler will be back to 2 train operations (supposed to happen by end of August). .and THIS is now open (pic from my visit yesterday):

Hopefully it doesn't Great Adventure itself by then and try to pop out of the ground.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:53 pm

bert425 wrote:

Thanks! I just looked and fortunately, it looks like I'll be there on the last day of waterpark operation; hopefully that'll keep people distracted. If not, we'll just have to go the flashpass route. No matter how it goes with weather or crowds, this is an extra trip I wasn't expecting and I'm not paying for, so I'm just going to enjoy it as much as I can!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!