Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Busch Gardens San Antonio Part 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Texas parks will be next year's goal for us. Great report as always!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:38 am

SFFT really sets the standard for the American Six Flags parks. The coasters, flume, S&S tower, and atmosphere are all pretty great. Awesome report!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 am

coasterbill wrote:My new plan for "waiting in line" was to go to an air conditioned bar, have a beer and let the Flash Pass do the waiting for me. 108 degrees? Get f*cked.

Good plan, your smarter than you look. :lol:

From these shots it is hard to believe this is a Six Flags park, it looks great and makes me want to visit. Thanks for another rock solid and entertaining trip report.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:05 am

Some questions, Did you sneak a peak at Aventure Pointe along the freeway between Houston and Galveston? Did you hit up the Space Center with its refurbished Mission Control in this 50th aniversary year of the moon landing? If you drove between Houston and San Antonio, did you forget or intentionally pass by ZDT's. That's a fun little coaster.

Great Pics. I just got back from Europe. We dud Port Aventura, Disneyland Paris, Europa, Phantasialand, Tivoli and Eftelinf but I can't find the enerfy to spend hours in reports yet.

I, too loved Boadwalk Bullet and Iron Shark. I hope the onwers plans to expand his Downtown Houston Aquarium with rides comes about one day.

One of the stated reasons for teplaceing the baseball stadium in Arlington was because of the excessive heat where even at 9pm in the summer it can be 95 degrees without any heat index to also contend with.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:08 am

Great report! I echo your sentiments about SFFT. A great SF park.

Now make with the goods. I am curious of your impressions of my favorite RMC conversion.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:44 am

coasterbill wrote:Up next, Six Flags Fiesta Texas Part 2 ;)

Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:00 am

^ :lol: :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:20 am

jlp94 wrote:Nice cliffhanger, nice trip report!

CoasterAuditor wrote:Brutal cliffhanger. Love the report though!

Thanks!

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report ending with a literal cliffhanger.

I agree 100% this park looks way too nice to be a Six Flags. I really need to take Emily here to renew her faith in Six Flags as her experiences with the chain are SFNE, Great Escape, Darien Lake, and Discovery Kingdom.

Yeah, you owe her big time. Why not take her to La Ronde too and just complete the nexus of suck?

bert425 wrote:glad you had such a great time at my Home park. . sorry I missed y'all when you were here (but didn't know you were here) :p

Wonder Woman is insane in the back, but the front is fantastic too if you like floater air.

did you get a lot of spins on Batman? since Fiesta's in the original, I've found it's a bit more "spinny" than the clones.

looking forwards to the rest, Bill.

Thanks, and sorry. I'll shoot you a message next time we come down. I'm hoping for a Holiday in the Park trip next year unless a certain park in Arlington decides to be a dick and build a water coaster to try to trick me into going to Texas in the summer again like an idiot.

boldikus wrote:Awesome update, SFFT looks awesome.

Thanks!

cparkes92 wrote:SFFT definitely looks like a top tier Six Flags park

Absolutely. You won't believe it's a Six Flags.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Well, if you're going to have a cliffhanger, Fiesta Texas is the best place to do it! Glad you liked this park; it really is the best of the bunch (though I really like Great Adventure as well).

I can see the argument for Great Adventure because of their ridiculous ride lineup and huge safari. Fiesta Texas is just gorgeous though.

anonymouscactus wrote:Texas parks will be next year's goal for us. Great report as always!

Awesome. I'd tell you to avoid June but since you used to live in Florida and now live in Buffalo I assume you're just immune to all weather.

PKI Jizzman wrote:SFFT really sets the standard for the American Six Flags parks. The coasters, flume, S&S tower, and atmosphere are all pretty great. Awesome report!

Thanks! (And yes it does)

RCjunkie wrote:
coasterbill wrote:My new plan for "waiting in line" was to go to an air conditioned bar, have a beer and let the Flash Pass do the waiting for me. 108 degrees? Get f*cked.

Good plan, your smarter than you look. :lol:

From these shots it is hard to believe this is a Six Flags park, it looks great and makes me want to visit. Thanks for another rock solid and entertaining trip report.

:lol: Thanks! Every once in awhile I have a smart idea but it's rare.

ElvisLuv wrote:Some questions, Did you sneak a peak at Aventure Pointe along the freeway between Houston and Galveston?

I've never heard of it.

ElvisLuv wrote:Did you hit up the Space Center with its refurbished Mission Control in this 50th aniversary year of the moon landing?

No. If we had an extra day it probably would have been spent in Houston doing something NASA related. I'm not a big NASA guy or anything but it seems like the thing to do while you're there.

ElvisLuv wrote:If you drove between Houston and San Antonio, did you forget or intentionally pass by ZDT's. That's a fun little coaster.

We left Galveston really late, so ZDT's was closed when we drove through that night. I'll get to that later in the report.

hoppedup wrote:Image

You must be new here. :lol:

I've started it finally. Hopefully I'll have it up soon. Patience. This level of relentless mediocrity takes time. Not everyone can be Canobie Coaster. He's not human. He's just a trip report bot that Robb coded to help drive clicks to TPR.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 am

coasterbill wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report ending with a literal cliffhanger.

I agree 100% this park looks way too nice to be a Six Flags. I really need to take Emily here to renew her faith in Six Flags as her experiences with the chain are SFNE, Great Escape, Darien Lake, and Discovery Kingdom.

Yeah, you owe her big time. Why not take her to La Ronde too and just complete the nexus of suck?

You talked so highly of La Ronde that she will never go there. She realized something must be wrong if one of my "crazy coaster friends" wouldn't go there. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:41 am

I’ll sleep well tonight knowing that I stopped someone from going to La Ronde. It’s nice to know that you’re making a difference in the world. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!