Photo TR: Viking86 goes to Walibi Holland

Vekomaland, stuck on Xpress, Goliath, Lost Gravity...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Viking86 goes to Walibi Holland

Postby viking86 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 am

Thanks for the nice comments!

PKI Jizzman wrote:Goliath has been high on my 'wish list' ever since I learned about theme parks outside of Ohio. It looks stellar! Thanks for the photos.
-Zach

Goliath is a very good ride! There's nothing crazy about it, but it's just a plain fun ride! The first third of the ride is very good. For me it's just one of those rides I could ride over and over!

RyanTPM wrote:Very nice pictures! I hadn't seen that upside down tree next to Lost Gravity before now, nice little theming touch. I also really like that the fast past line goes through a bus, brilliant!

azza29 wrote:Thanks for the report, I'm looking forward to visiting this park for the first time next month. The Lost Gravity theme and queue looks great - very unique!

Yeah, I loved the theming for Lost Gravity. I wasn't sure about the theming when seeing the pictures, but after seeing it with my own eyes I can definitely say that it works really well.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri May 06, 2016 11:01 am

Sweet, looks like you had a great time!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun May 08, 2016 4:59 am

Lost Gravity looks like fun--and a little messed up.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Chiptwister » Mon May 09, 2016 3:56 pm

About the "Drako" coaster (Zierer Tivoli) and it's little locomotive.

It was part of the WAB/Skunx theming they tried to integrate in the park between 2011 and 2014. Drako should have been a figure in that world.

The Locomotive is if I'm not mistaken part of the history of the park. Back in the days when the park was "Flevohof" and later "Walibi Flevo" it used to be part of the railroad in the park. There where 3 trains. (the track was back then about 5km long when the park was "Flevohof". "Walibi Flevo" made it as it is now: to small to be a effective transportation system.) When Six Flags Holland opened the park they bought a new train (as far as i know a Change train) and one of the locomotives became part of the Roadrunner Express and later Wok's Waanzin roller coaster (Drako in a other spot in the park. Roughly where Lost Gravity is now) It was blue back then and Coyote was in it and when you left the station it was on your right.

When the park removed The Flying Dutchman Gold Mine a MACK Wild Mouse (a mistake. They should have kept the coaster) they replaced it by the Zierer Tivoli (Roadrunner Express/Wok's Waanzin). Named it Rattlesnake for a year or so. And they placed the locomotive where it is now.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 09, 2016 4:00 pm

viking86 wrote:...Lol that's not surprising! The ride was absolutely terrible and went straight to the bottom as possibly the worst rollercoaster I've ever ridden.

Well it was the first SLC to be made, so for it to last that long, we should give it some respect...

Naw, it's still crap and IMMENSE PAIN in a coaster! :p :Pr
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:05 pm

Walibi Holland looks like a really nice park. They even themed a Boomerang, which is pretty cool. They really take pride when opening an attraction, which is something I wish that more American parks would do. You don't need to go over the top to be a theme park; sometimes the nice little touches can really spruce things up.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:45 am

^Yes, it really is a beautiful park! Everything seemed to be in top condition. All the rides looked really good, despite some giving a less than stellar ride experience. I also liked the theming on the Boomerang, it looked good and the tunnel definitely added to the ride experience. The park is also very green, with lots of trees, bushes and grass.

^^Making a prototype is one thing, that's fine. Making a bad prototype and thinking "Yes, this is a good product, let's sell it to more customers" is a sin!

Chiptwister wrote:About the "Drako" coaster (Zierer Tivoli) and it's little locomotive.

Thank you for the explanation, quite interesting. It makes more sense now, but I still cannot help but feel that they could have done a lot more then just plopping the locomotive in the empty field under the ride.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!