Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

RMC #16 Hakugei
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

Postby Condor » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Hakugei is one of these coasters that's apparently just as great to photograph as it is to ride. More good analysis of the ride and how it compares to other RMCs!

Question, how/where do you obtain fast passes for Fuji-Q? I've tried looking into this but I'm still a little unclear. And Nagashima does not offer one, correct?

That's indeed disappointing news about the rides at Hakkeijima Sea Paradise if true. I'm looking for a way to confirm with the park about this ahead of my trip coming up in Oct-Nov but I haven't found any English language contact info for them yet.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 am

^The rides are closed until "at least November" according to the website.

At FujiQ you can get them at vending machines individually outside the big coasters or all of them are available at a central booth near the mouse and carousel.

Nagashima offers a skip line pass on Steel Dragon and Hakugei (maybe the Manta clone too!?) when the line is over 30min. We've never seen that so don't know how/where they actually sell them.
Last edited by SharkTums on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:57 am

I enjoyed Sea Paradise for what it was. Sad to have missed the Water Chute ride (especially since it seems to be gonezo). I can't say it is a park I would return to, especially if the two main rides are closed, but Surf Coaster was quirky and fun for what it was!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:06 am

The mythical Aquatrax... Actually quite punchy and and super fun. The theming was so incredible and had some very tight clearances. Lotte was a beautiful park with a amazing collection of rides. I can't wait to return someday

Sadly just a Trax now, they stopped turning on the jets maybe over 8 years ago and then actually ripped them all off the track a few years back but it's still super-fun and the water didn't really do much apart from giving the ride a unique look.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am

Condor wrote:Hakugei is one of these coasters that's apparently just as great to photograph as it is to ride. More good analysis of the ride and how it compares to other RMCs!

Question, how/where do you obtain fast passes for Fuji-Q? I've tried looking into this but I'm still a little unclear. And Nagashima does not offer one, correct?

That's indeed disappointing news about the rides at Hakkeijima Sea Paradise if true. I'm looking for a way to confirm with the park about this ahead of my trip coming up in Oct-Nov but I haven't found any English language contact info for them yet.

Elissa basically got it: Fuji-Q has vending machines in front of every queue entrance where you can choose a time slot (they cost 25,000 yen each the day I visited).

Nagashima is pretty similar, vending machines that sell passes, but they weren't time reserved (they cost 5,000-10,000 yen the day I visited). They had them for SD2000, Hakugei, and Acrobat.

CoasterCrazy88 wrote:Our Japan trip was absolutely awesome. Almost everything exceeded my expectations. Both T Express and Hakugei were unreal experiences. I still cannot believe how insanely fast Hakugei is... I was definitely not anticipating a "WTF, this is like Steel Vengeance" kind of ride.

Also, FUUUUUUUUUJIYAMAAA FUUUUUUUJIYAAAAMMMAAA FUUUUUUUUUUUUJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAMAAAA

The songs in every Fuji-queue were hilarious. I just remembered how painfully slow the Eejanaika loading system was. All shoes muse come off, 3 different seatbelts, making everyone pray for their lives basically. :lmao:
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Postby Garet » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 am

chickenbowl wrote:
Condor wrote:Hakugei is one of these coasters that's apparently just as great to photograph as it is to ride. More good analysis of the ride and how it compares to other RMCs!

Elissa basically got it: Fuji-Q has vending machines in front of every queue entrance where you can choose a time slot (they cost 25,000 yen each the day I visited).

Nagashima is pretty similar, vending machines that sell passes, but they weren't time reserved (they cost 5,000-10,000 yen the day I visited). They had them for SD2000, Hakugei, and Acrobat.

CoasterCrazy88 wrote:Our Japan trip was absolutely awesome. Almost everything exceeded my expectations. Both T Express and Hakugei were unreal experiences. I still cannot believe how insanely fast Hakugei is... I was definitely not anticipating a "WTF, this is like Steel Vengeance" kind of ride.

Also, FUUUUUUUUUJIYAMAAA FUUUUUUUJIYAAAAMMMAAA FUUUUUUUUUUUUJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAMAAAA

The songs in every Fuji-queue were hilarious. I just remembered how painfully slow the Eejanaika loading system was. All shoes muse come off, 3 different seatbelts, making everyone pray for their lives basically. :lmao:

25,000 yen per single fast-pass? That doesn't seem right even for Japan's expensive passes. That's the same as buying a Universal Express 7 for Sunday.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am

^I'm assuming he just added an extra zero by accident.

$25 though is more than we've ever paid for a skip the line pass at FujiQ, I wonder if it's dynamic pricing or just that high now!

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 am

Haha, yeah whoops. $2,500 for Fuji and $500-$1,000 for Nagashima. Sorry, my conversion brain messed up a bit.

I spent ~$50 USD to skip 6 hours of lines at Fuji, so in that perspective it's worth it.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:41 am

Awesome thread. Thanks for sharing.

Postby Garet » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:17 pm

SharkTums wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Did I miss something about Sea Paradise closing?

The park is still there, but Blue Fall and Surf Coaster are down for various reasons for months and it's been reported that they may not reopen. Word is Surf Coaster had a small crash in the station which injured two people. That's a death sentence for a ride in Japan.

Apparently they also got some negative press since they recently got a pair of Red Pandas and one of them already died. I think they've had animal rights and press problems for a while since they also removed the dolphins from the pedalo area.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!