Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Test Dummies Fall Off Roller Coaster at Jersey Shore Theme Park, Crash Into Hotel Roof

The vice president of a Jersey Shore amusement park insists that a roller coaster is safe more than a week after two test dummies fell out of it and crashed into the roof of a nearby hotel.

The incident occurred back on April 20 at Playland’s Castaway Cove in Ocean City, New Jersey. The GaleForce roller coaster was undergoing a routine safety check when two water-filled dummies fell off the ride and plummeted into the Ebb Tide Suites next door, damaging shingles and plywood.

No one was hurt during the incident. A roofer responded to the scene within an hour to make repairs and the test dummies were trashed, according to Brian Hartley, the Vice President of the theme park.

“It’s an unfortunate situation,” Hartley told NBC10. Hartley said the dummies had leaks that went undetected and they lost their mass and shape, causing them to fall.

“Obviously it’s not something that would ever happen with a person in it,” Hartley said. “You know you don’t lose rigidity in a person. The lap bar comes down. You’re secured in there.”

Hartley told NBC10 the ride is one hundred percent safe, despite the mishap. “The lap bar did not fail,” he said. “Nothing failed on the ride at all.”

The GaleForce undergoes about two hours of testing every day that it's in operation and has been open since the incident, according to Hartley.

“Safety is our top priority,” he said. “It’s something we do every single day. We’re checking the rides in and out. We’re going to have to do a better job at checking those tubes and making sure there’s no leaks obviously, before we send them out.”

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm

I guess there's no debate here, this ride has legit ejector airtime.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:10 pm

The vice president of a Jersey Shore amusement park insists that a roller coaster is safe more than a week after two test dummies fell out of it and crashed into the roof of a nearby hotel.

I'm really excited right now for that new for 2024 attraction at Kennywood, Steel Curtain.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 am

I'm reading online that Gale Force is now offering 2 laps this year!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!