Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
All I want is a chainlift!

Re: Playland's Castaway Cove (OC, NJ) announces Gale Force

Postby pkdcoaster » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:33 am

Are the existing coasters still operating, I am doing a jersey shore trip and was gonna get the credits there.
JEFF
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Quetzal wrote:Hmm... I wonder which layout is correct. The one with the "Gale Force" logo that was taken from the announcement video, or the one with the "S&S" logo with no mention or indication that it is Gale Force.

Hmm...................

Or you could just answer my question without being sarcastic. :roll:

Anyways, I prefer the S&S rendering over the layout in the announcement video but both are much more than I would've expected from this park or any park in that area.

Adding to my 2016 trip itinerary!!! :lover:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Mertens S. Elias » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:30 pm

RCDB.com says that there is another coaster coming to this park along with Gale Force. "Few details on this second roller coaster have been released other than it said to wrap around the new for 2016 "GaleForce". The stating this as a steel, sit-down roller coaster above is just default settings and not to be considered accurate until the park provides more details."

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Guys, there's no point to argue, but based on what I've seen the ride video is the actual final layout. The concept art is old. It looks great though, so many flips and insane airtime moments into and out of those flips :)

Also the trains/restraints look like the ones on Batman at SFFT...which I absolutely love so I hope this is the case.

Postby Mertens S. Elias » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Jakizle wrote:Guys, there's no point to argue, but based on what I've seen the ride video is the actual final layout. The concept art is old. It looks great though, so many flips and insane airtime moments into and out of those flips :)

Also the trains/restraints look like the ones on Batman at SFFT...which I absolutely love so I hope this is the case.

Those restraints do look comfortable. I think this will be the most anticipated roller coaster on the East Coast. I hope I can get out and ride it at some point.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:02 pm

The 540 is not in GaleForce.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Mertens S. Elias wrote:RCDB.com says that there is another coaster coming to this park along with Gale Force. "Few details on this second roller coaster have been released other than it said to wrap around the new for 2016 "GaleForce". The stating this as a steel, sit-down roller coaster above is just default settings and not to be considered accurate until the park provides more details."

Intriguing. Vekoma Roller Skater.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Mertens S. Elias » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:04 pm

My vote is a Vekoma Roller Skater. Or maybe it's another S&S of sorts, maybe one of their mine train concept.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:29 pm

I am so excited to see two compact electromagnetic coasters coming to the east coast next year! I loved Tempesto and Gale Force looks even better! Between this and Phobia I already have two coasters within a 5 mile radius that are already quite thrilling and we haven't even gotten to the "big park's" announcements yet!

It's just great in general to see a better quality of coaster coming to seaside parks like Iron Shark and now GF.

Edit: pkdcoaster, Flitzer and Python are both still operating (Python kind of hurts so brace yourself...) Get those credits quick, they will both removed for Gale Force and the unknown coaster project for 2016. (which speculation seems to indicate will encompass the very vertical footprint of Gale Force)
Last edited by ECZenith on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:46 pm.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ImmelMatt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:52 pm

My first thought is someone at S&S has SERIOUS Sky Rocket II envy, got drunk one night, and woke up with a hangover and a rough design of this. It looks incredible and will hopefully bring some new coaster life to the Jersey shore.
Something clever or funny should go here.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!