TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Review a coaster!

This is a thread where you can review roller coasters in-depth.

Here's one from me:

Iron Rattler Review

I'm going to categorize this review by categories that I feel impact the ride experience:

Setting, Track Layout, and Length.

Setting

Iron Rattler is set on the quarry cliff that surrounds Six Flags Fiesta Texas. The ride interacts with the quarry wall many times throughout the ride, which makes the visual experience of the ride much more interesting. For example, the first few moments on the lift hill are next to the cliff, and then you get a nice view of the ride's layout (which takes place mostly on the cliff) from the top of the lift hill. The first drop plunges you down right next to the cliff before climbing on top of the cliff again for a few seconds, then plunging off of it again. The longest section of track takes place on top of the cliff, but the part of the ride where the setting impacts the ride the most (in my opinion) is the final drop off of the cliff. Then you head through a tunnel in the cliff and the ride is over. Overall, the main feature of Iron Rattler is it's unique setting on SFFT's quarry cliff, so I feel that impacts the ride experience by a significant amount.

Track Layout

Iron Rattler is basically a giant figure 8. The track includes a funky, but very steep and exhilarating first drop, tons of airtime hills and overbanked turns with strong negative g's and laterals. The track doesn't waste a single moment to try and throw you out of your seat. The barrel roll is taken very fast and whips you around, providing some of the strongest "throw you out of your seat" feelings of the entire ride. Overall, the track layout is chock-full of intense and fun elements that are taken very quickly and smoothly, save for the second drop off of the cliff leading into the barrel roll. That section of track has a slight rattle to it but is still very smooth in comparison to other rides.

Length

My main complaint with Iron Rattler is its length. The original Rattler was very long, so you'd think a coaster utilizing its structure would use all of it, but overall the ride does not last very long. Like I said in Track Layout, it's just a giant figure 8. However, the length is still decent as it does not waste a single inch of track, which is a very good thing. The length is what puts Iron Rattler behind it's older brother NTaG for me.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days