Mini Mini East Coast Trip

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Mini Mini East Coast Trip

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:18 pm

I agree. Hershey is such a cool park, it'd be a shame to try and squeeze it in such a short time. Plus, your new driving schedule is adding on unnecessary hours / miles.

Stick with your original plan:

7/19 - SFNE & Lake Compounce
7/20 - Dorney & Knoebels
7/21 - SFGADv

This is your best bet. Dorney will be dead on a Monday, so if you go there first, you'd have done everything by 1-2pm. Spend the rest of the day at Knoebels, then drive down during the night to SFGAdv.

EDIT: I overlooked that you're flying in and out of Philly. Do you have an arrival date / time yet? That would help determine if it's actually worthwhile to make the hike up to CT and MA for SFNE and Lake Compounce. I'd almost say that you should skip that trek and spend the full day of 7/19 at Hersheypark instead, like rubysparkles. Depends on how dead set you are visiting those two parks.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:33 pm

I'll add an idea to that (which I agree is the best) schedule... If you finish Dorney, and are going to drive to Knobles, I would swing by Old Sandwich Co. At 4686 Broadway, Allentown, PA 18104. By far some of the best sandwiches I have ever had, it'll give you neigh fuel to drive to Knoebles and get some rides in prior to hitting the food... Plus the timing worked out to get the evening band from Knoelbles!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby i<3coasters » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:36 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:EDIT: I overlooked that you're flying in and out of Philly. Do you have an arrival date / time yet? That would help determine if it's actually worthwhile to make the hike up to CT and MA for SFNE and Lake Compounce. .

I arrive in Philly at 6:30am on 7/19 and was going to head north from there.
- Judd
Tops: Steel Vengeance | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Skyrush | Wicked Cyclone
Outlaw Run | Voyage | Boulder Dash | Boardwalk Bullet | Millennium Force

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:25 pm

i<3coasters wrote:
michaellynn4 wrote:EDIT: I overlooked that you're flying in and out of Philly. Do you have an arrival date / time yet? That would help determine if it's actually worthwhile to make the hike up to CT and MA for SFNE and Lake Compounce. .

I arrive in Philly at 6:30am on 7/19 and was going to head north from there.

PHI to SFNE is four hours without traffic or stopping. There's no way you're getting to SFNE before noon. You've then got an hour drive back to Lake Compounce, which closes at 9PM that day, giving you AT MOST total eight hours between two parks. You've then got a 3.5 hour drive over to Dorney Park.

I would HIGHLY recommend cutting SFNE and LC from your plan and spend the full day at Hersheypark. It's two hours from the airport, allowing you to take your time getting there. Once the park closes, it's only 1.25 hours (up I-78) to Dorney. You'll be better rested for Dorney / Knoebels, plus you get to experience a great park with first-class rides without feeling rushed the whole time.

Heck, you should have time to pop into Chocolate World and make your own candy bar! :b
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!