Mini Mini East Coast Trip

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Mini Mini East Coast Trip

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:36 pm

i<3coasters wrote:That leaves my revised schedule looking something like this:

7/19 - SFNE & Lake Compounce
7/20 - Dorney & Knoebels
7/21 - SFGADv

Perfect plan... as for Great Adventure, do you NEED the Flash Pass to ride everything? No. But you might want one so you can re-ride things as the rides will probably have sizable lines. Ride Kingda Ka first as Zumanjaro kills the capacity and make sure you wait for the front. It's worth the extra wait.

Also, the Safari is fun but if you do it be ready to dedicate about 2 hours to it between the line and the ride, if not more. Since you're there for one day I'd skip that.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby i<3coasters » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:16 pm

^ I'll probably skip the Safari in favor of getting more rides in on El Toro :br
- Judd
Tops: Steel Vengeance | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Skyrush | Wicked Cyclone
Outlaw Run | Voyage | Boulder Dash | Boardwalk Bullet | Millennium Force

Piers' latest smashpiece

Postby Joe Cool » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Sounds like a fun couple of days. Enjoy yourself man. Make sure you ride even the small rides at Knoebels, everything will surprise you. My favorite flat is the Roto Jet Red Rockets.
191226_2062639928018_218603012_o.jpg
It will do this to you
DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!!!!!!

No Discernible Talent Whatsoever!

Postby King of Ka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:20 pm

larrygator wrote:I would seriously investigate if any steamed hamburger joints are along your route in Connecticut, I wish I had tried them sooner in life.

I will definitely be trying one of these next time I do the Philly-Boston drive! Googling around the main place I'm seeing is Ted's, is this where you went Larry?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:47 pm

King of Ka wrote:
larrygator wrote:I would seriously investigate if any steamed hamburger joints are along your route in Connecticut, I wish I had tried them sooner in life.

I will definitely be trying one of these next time I do the Philly-Boston drive! Googling around the main place I'm seeing is Ted's, is this where you went Larry?

Yes, I go to Ted's frequently because there is one very close to Wild Bill's Nostalgia Store. Ted's has a homemade hot sauce that is not listed on the menu, both hot and flavorful.

Here are some other places http://www.roadfood.com/EatingTours/34/central-connecticuts-steamed-cheeseburger
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:50 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby rubysparkles » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:48 pm

I would choose Hersheypark and Knoebel's over SFNE and Lake Compounce. It also saves a lot of time driving.

But you're very different from me, you'd probably like Bizarro and Boulder Dash more than I did.
Twisted Colossus, I305, Skyrush, Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Maverick.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby i<3coasters » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 am

Alright, so based on the recommendations I've been getting it looks like this will be my final schedule:

7/19: SFNE & Lake Compounce
7/20: Knoebels & Hersheypark
7/21: SFGAdv (& maybe back to Hershey in the morning if I can't get enough done on 7/20).

Let me know if you have any final recommendations for how to best navigate these parks. I'm not set on getting every credit at these parks, just the majors and the "hidden gems" with other rides if time permits, but let me know if you think there's anything I cannot and should not miss.
- Judd
Tops: Steel Vengeance | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Skyrush | Wicked Cyclone
Outlaw Run | Voyage | Boulder Dash | Boardwalk Bullet | Millennium Force

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BugEyed » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am

gp1086 wrote:Going up to SFNE is to and from Philly is a solid 4 hours and out of the way from the PA/NJ parks. That's a reasonable amount of driving for just spending 1 day up there in my opinion. My suggestion for your trip would be:

7/19 - Hershey
7/20 - Knoebels / Dorney
7/21 - Great Adventure

I did these same parks in the same order on a Mon/Tues/Wed in August 2013; starting and ending in DC though. An evening flight on day 4 allowed for an additional 5 hours at SFA (which was more than enough).

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Nitro1118 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:08 am

Personally, that trip would be too much for me. It definitely gives you the max number of credits, but at major parks like SFNE/Hershey, I much prefer whole days to get the full experience. Also, that is a ton of driving in a short span, which would wear me out. If it was me, I'd cut out at least 1 of LC or Knoebels. Knoebels is the better park, but the time you need to really experience Hershey is more than you need at SFNE, so I'd probably knock Knoebels off the itinerary instead.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BugEyed » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:19 am

^ I agree with that. For me Hershey is a full day experience. Beyond the coasters it's a park with so many cool little nooks and crannies worth stopping and checking out.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!