Day 6 - Islands of Adventure & Universal Studios
After seeing so many girls in one evening I was totally exhausted, so what better way to recover than to do both Universal parks on a Saturday. This day was an official Nolimits Exchange meetup (official group picture 11 posts down on this page
I took almost no pictures this day, so no full trip report. But I will give a quick summary of how our day was. We met up around 10:00-10:30 AM in Citywalk and headed to IoA first. I’m not going to list everything we did or in correct order, just whatever pops into my mind as I write this.
- Hulk was running okay to me. It is a bit shaky in some spots, but not painful in any way. Many rumors about the ride getting an extensive overhaul, so it will be interesting to see what the future will bring. With the exception of a somewhat weak ending, it has a great and very fun layout! We also got to experience the launch with no sound effects, which was pretty cool as the launch came without warning.
- Got a great view of the new King Kong construction, this thing is going to be massive!
- Skipped the water rides. Didn’t feel like getting soaked...
- Dragon Challenge is incredible. Smooth and extremely intense. Would love to experience dueling on this ride.
- The Harry Potter rides at both parks are cool, but in the end they don’t do that much for me. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the rides even if I’m not a Potter fan, and I love the themed areas at both parks. Still I much prefer Spiderman and Transformers.
- Poseidon’s Fury was pretty fun, hadn’t done this before.
We decided to head out to Citywalk for lunch at the Cowfish. This place was fantastic! Great food, excellent service and at least for a Norwegian the prices were very nice as well.
- Over at Studios we watched the Horror Makeup Show while letting the food sink. Was pretty fun!
- Got a great view of the course for American Ninja Warrior.
- Mummy is still an awesome ride!
- Watched Twister from the control room, that was pretty cool! Also fun to get a close-up watch of all the props revert to their original position.
- We didn’t manage to do Transformers, Men in Black and Rockit as the day was coming to an end and we were getting somewhat tired, but we watched the Cinematic Spectacular nighttime show at Studios, which was pretty cool. No, it’s not on the same level as Disney, but I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty well done. A good ending to a great day!
Overall it was a very good day at Universal. We managed to get a hell of a lot done in a day, and considering I visited the parks last year I wasn’t really bothered about missing out on a few rides.
As previously stated I didn’t really take any pictures, but here are a few random ones just to have something in this report.