Show us your collection!!!

What theme park & roller coaster stuff do you have?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Show us your collection!!!

Postby viking86 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 am

Mr Stratosphere wrote:Here is a few of the things I have in my office:
The wheel on the left is from Manhattan Express at NYNY, the center wheel is from Viper at SFMM, the wheel on the right is from Canyon Blaster at the Adventuredome.
The small wheel in the front is from Ghostrider at Knott's and the cable is from Montezooma's Revenge at Knotts.

That is an awesome wheel collection!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 am

Me and My wife always get magnets and picture frames from every park we visit. Sadly we went to Holiday world a couple weeks ago and they did not have picture frames for sale. Does anyone know of a place that sells amusement park such as old holiday world picture frames?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Something that I don't collect very often, although I seem to collect everything of everything else in parks,
is Souvenir Erasers, from either travel locations or theme parks, etc.

But lately, and in the last couple of visits to Japan parks with TPR Tours, I have started, a neat
little collection of Food Erasers, all very meticulously detailed and grouped in food groups,
snack groups, etc. It's a neat little non-expensive thing to buy.

And I intend to find and buy of them wherever I find them. ;)
TokyoErasers01.JPG
The SUSHI plate is pretty good, for erasing pencil mistakes. (o;
TokyoErasers02.JPG
The other six. From SWEETS to CHINESE DIM SUM. All made..... in Japan! (o:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:15 pm

I only have a select few things. I was totally going to get an Outlaw Run hat but never did (more reasons to go back to SDC), but anyway here's about where my collection starts and ends:
-The Voyage T-shirt (bought while waiting for the ride to open back up after a random breakdown)
-Valravn hoodie (it was my favorite shade of desaturated blue and the only article of clothing at CP I liked)
-random Cedar Point napkins (we got it at a DQ that wasn't even on the peninsula but it had napkins with the CP logo and they ended up in my luggage so I kept them lol)
might update with pictures at some point
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kurtbri87 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:45 pm

I have been on this site a decent amount of time and can't believe I have never noticed this sub.

My family on my fathers side lived in Brooklyn back when Coney Island was a great place. When he was young they had a season fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rental at the pool at Steeplechase Park. He would go six days a week and the place became a second home to him, so when the park closed in 1964, he was 9 at the time and he felt he lost something, so he started to collect memrobilia. This collection is the result of 52 years of serious collecting of anything related to Coney Island in its heyday. At one time there were three major parks and a huge assortment of independents that ran for many years, as you can imagine there is alot of Coney Island memrobilia and the pictures do not do justice. The only constraints is space as it is in our home, so the majority of the photos are in binders on a bookshelf and there are thousands of pictures that span 150 years.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kurtbri87 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:24 am

Nevermind now it is posted!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:52 am

When I get a chance to post it, I have a rather large collection of random stuff. It's really cool seeing all the the stuff other people have!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:19 pm

^^^ WOW! Fantastic looking collection your father has/had kept building and adding to.

Thanks for sharing some (?) of it with us. It really looks amazing, especially all the
glass cabinets with 'stuff' in them.

By the way, did you ever, or have you ever, considered making a book about this collection?

:)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Myntiepwny » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:18 pm

That Steeplechase collection is amazing!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Does Coney Island presently know of this collection?
I mean, they must! They must know! :smile:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!