Cedar Fair Rankings

Your top 12 list of Cedar Parks
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Cedar Fair Rankings

Postby dippindotsguy8 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 am

^Demon Drop is really the main reason I would go to Dorney (personally). I'm sure I'd enjoy the rest of the park, but the only thing that is actually making me want to travel there is Demon Drop.

I loved it when I rode it at Cedar Point, and there's hardly any of them left operating.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:48 am

Demon Drop alone makes Dorney one of my favorite parks. And even though Thunderhawk is overly trimmed, those moments of ejector airtime in the front row are more fun (to me) than the airtime on most newer coasters. Also it's a classic. Hydra is my favorite floorless due to the jojo role and unique layout. Talon is a great ride but somewhere in the middle of my list of inverts. And I love Steel Force. It may not be as forceful as Magnum or modern-day hypers, but something about it feels so majestic. Idk I'm a weirdo who doesn't care about forces, they never determine how much I love a ride. And a lot of times I prefer a ride where I feel like I'm gliding thru the sky as opposed to be thrown out of my seat. That's just my opinion. I will admit that Stinger is kinda lame and wish I had a chance to ride Laser instead. As for ranking the Cedar Fair parks, Cedar Point is by far my favorite, but Dorney isn't too far behind!
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:21 pm

I305forever wrote:^ WOF over KBF? Interesting opinion. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.

I like Prowler better than Xcelerator as the top coaster at either park, and I really enjoyed Black Mamba (I like many of those old Morgan). Also liked the overall atmosphere of the park and old school flats. Ans Kansas folk are nicer than Southern Cal people.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:51 pm

larrygator wrote:
I305forever wrote:^ WOF over KBF? Interesting opinion. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.

I like Prowler better than Xcelerator as the top coaster at either park, and I really enjoyed Black Mamba (I like many of those old Morgan). Also liked the overall atmosphere of the park and old school flats. Ans Kansas folk are nicer than Southern Cal people.

Thanks for the compliment, but Worlds of Fun isn't in Kansas. It's in Missouri.
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:10 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:42 am

1. Cedar Point
2. Canada's Wonderland
3. Knott's Berry Farm
4. Kings Island
5. Carowinds
6. Kings Dominion
7. Michigan's Adventure
8. Dorney Park

One of these days I'll end up visiting the other three.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:10 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Thanks for the compliment, but Worlds of Fun isn't in Kansas. It's in Missouri.

And I should know that since my old client is based in Kansas City.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WayCool64 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:50 am

Of the ones I've been to:

1. Cedar Point (A park that exceeded my expectations. I'd go so far to call it my all-time favorite non-Disney amusement park)
2. Knott's Berry Farm (I've only been there once a few years ago, but I enjoyed it for what it was and it definitely lived up to my expectations, with the exception of Ghostrider)
3. Kings Island (It was a great park with an excellent wooden coaster. But compared to CP, there were a few elements that seemed underwhelming)
4. California's Great America (my home park)

I'd love to visit the other parks and give my opinion on them.
Love animation and video games? Check out my Dinosaur Planet fanseries project: http://dpfanseries.webs.com/

To serve with excellence

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 am

1. Cedar Point: It has a lot to live up to, yet still exceeds the hype. While there may be specific things that aren't perfect, I'm never one to call it overrated. The ride collection is top-notch with plenty of quality rides and the rest at least enhanced by their setting, and the atmosphere is only exceeded by the best traditional parks or true theme parks. While not as legendary as they once were, I find the operations are still mostly outstanding at both Ohio CF parks. I also love how there's so much to do in the resort area beyond riding coasters.

2. Kings Island: I'm giving this the edge over Kings Dominion due to fresher memories and one visit over KD. The atmosphere isn't the most inspired, but fairly relaxing. Even though it's far from one of my top parks in general, I had a near-perfect visit last year (despite skipping one of my favorites, FoF). Plus, at least for a non-fanboy, I'm a pretty big Beast fan. I hope they keep up the astonishingly efficient operations on Banshee (at least as long as warranted).

3. Kings Dominion: I might put the atmosphere of this park over KI. Another park that's not outstanding to me, yet garners few complaints beyond typical Cedar Fair quibbles. It sounds like they made a lot of improvements during 2014, though I've heard some bad reports from the start of this season (not sure if that's ongoing or typical opening issues).

4. Knott's Berry Farm: As with many Cedar Fair parks, the atmosphere is not my favorite, but there's definitely plenty of character here, and some well-preserved themed rides. I used to regard this park fairly poorly, but it's pretty well-rounded for a Cedar Fair park, and its reputation seems to be on an upswing.

5. Worlds of Fun: While it seems to be one of the most disdained, it's another park where I like the atmosphere more than people give it credit for. I probably wouldn't like the ride collection as much today as my once outspoken enthusiasm for Morgan hypers wanes, but it's certainly not the worst.

6. Valleyfair!: Another park that, while lackluster, is more enjoyable than one might imagine. The ride collection leaves a lot to desire, but the park itself is pleasant and relaxing.

7. California's Great America: Although a couple rides have lush settings, this park never gave me a great impression, and is pretty lacking in character.

8. Dorney Park: Boring!!! I used to actually enjoy the ride collection, but no more. Plus, the flat rides are operated with astounding inefficiency. However, despite its classic character having been decimated years ago, parts of the park do have a refreshing, scenic atmosphere.

9. Carowinds: The worst in just about every way. Uninspired rides (though I did really enjoy Intimidator in 2012), Concrete Fair setting.

Unranked: Gilroy Gardens. Beautiful park with decent, creatively themed family rides; I wouldn't recommend it to all enthusiasts, but I will happily say it's worth a short visit.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Angle O. Descent » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:24 pm

^You forgot Canada's Wonderland as "unranked" ;)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:31 pm

^ and MIA
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!