TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where is Euro Star?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this article, Euro Star has been in pieces since 2011.

ria.ru/video/20110916/438589248.html

Dismantling of attractions for adults in Gorky Park began as prescribed after RTN conducted the audit showed that many of them are unsafe for further use. Among the reasons cited are also a lot of noise and excessive cost of electricity to operate the rides.

Administration of the city, it was decided to return the park historic look and make it a place for intellectual recreation. After the reconstruction, it is planned to create multiple sites for exhibitions and festivals.

I guess that the local government wanted to change the park into a more "traditional" city park and the big, hulking roller coasters weren't part of the picture for whatever reason. While I like the idea of more city parks sprouting up around the world, Euro Star is legendary and shouldn't be hanging around in some warehouse.

Its sad to see a Giovanola/intamin invert go away. Im surprised no other parks have bought it. Wiki says that coaster cost 20 million usd. Damn. I wish Giovanola could of stuck around. It would be neat seeing them competing against Beamer and intamin, as well as working with them.

It very well have been Euro Star itself. The article wasn't completely clear on what was going to happen to the coaster after being dismantled.

Are you sure there isn't one than one model? I'm pretty sure there was one operating at Oktoberfest last year.

I have searched the internet for any signs of Eurostar operating at Oktoberfest in 2014 and absolutely nothing comes up. No photos, videos, reports of it, people talking about it, etc. If it was there you'd find at least some trace of it, so I'm going to assume it's still MIA since 2011.

Sorry, guess I was thinking of another coaster. But I still think there was more than one, even if they're both defunct. According RCDB the one at Gorky operated from 2008-2011, when the park closed, but I found some videos of the one at oktoberfest from 2009 and 2010. I may be completely wrong, so I apologize in advance if I am.

I rode it in its second or third year. It was quite rough but really really intense. The turn out of the two corkscrews looked impossibly tight and was really forceful. The first drop, loop and turn were great too, and the ride finished with a really intense helix. The ride ran something like 5 trains so the brakes did slow the trains a lot but in between it was amazing. I did hear it got really rough, even after they did a lot of work to smooth it out.

It was such a gigantic coaster. It was really intimidating and one of the few coasters to give me butterflies before I rode it. I don't think we'll ever see another ride quite like it

The sad thing is that Eurostar has left Germany to presumably rust away, that Olympia Looping is constantly rumoured to be on borrowed time and no big new coasters seem to be replacing them. I think Eurostar was our Concord moment and we'll never see anything like that again.

Glad to see photos of Euro Star! Sad to see the shape it is in. I was always fascinated by Euro Star. It was amazing that the coaster was a large as it was, and yet still portable! It even seemed to have a pretty decent layout!

It might not provide much info about the current state of the ride, but this article has a lot of info about the design and construction of the Eurostar and also has quite a few interesting pictures of it.

Here's a few pics from the article

eurostar14g.thumb.jpg.2344e80306d6a61f7b5c6d9dd3ffcb1a.jpg

eurostar42g.jpg.36a9ae6dc12f15674e32559028860126.jpg

eurostar84g.thumb.jpg.c1a10c785508eb433d9eb3df00249cbc.jpg

Edited by robbalvey