Where is Euro Star?

Disappeared?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Where is Euro Star?

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:30 am

After the location in Russia and a few carnivals, the largest portable invert disappeared. Anyone know where that unique coaster is now? Also how do you think of the ride experience?

Photos from Google.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Where is Euro Star?

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:55 am

According to this article, Euro Star has been in pieces since 2011.

ria.ru/video/20110916/438589248.html

Dismantling of attractions for adults in Gorky Park began as prescribed after RTN conducted the audit showed that many of them are unsafe for further use. Among the reasons cited are also a lot of noise and excessive cost of electricity to operate the rides.

Administration of the city, it was decided to return the park historic look and make it a place for intellectual recreation. After the reconstruction, it is planned to create multiple sites for exhibitions and festivals.

I guess that the local government wanted to change the park into a more "traditional" city park and the big, hulking roller coasters weren't part of the picture for whatever reason. While I like the idea of more city parks sprouting up around the world, Euro Star is legendary and shouldn't be hanging around in some warehouse.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:17 am

Its sad to see a Giovanola/intamin invert go away. Im surprised no other parks have bought it. Wiki says that coaster cost 20 million usd. Damn. I wish Giovanola could of stuck around. It would be neat seeing them competing against Beamer and intamin, as well as working with them.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:45 am

Are you sure there isn't one than one model? I'm pretty sure there was one operating at Oktoberfest last year.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:18 am

It very well have been Euro Star itself. The article wasn't completely clear on what was going to happen to the coaster after being dismantled.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:45 am

I305forever wrote:Are you sure there isn't one than one model? I'm pretty sure there was one operating at Oktoberfest last year.

I have searched the internet for any signs of Eurostar operating at Oktoberfest in 2014 and absolutely nothing comes up. No photos, videos, reports of it, people talking about it, etc. If it was there you'd find at least some trace of it, so I'm going to assume it's still MIA since 2011.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:29 am

I was at Oktoberfest in 2014 and can guarantee you that there was no Eurostar operating.

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Sorry, guess I was thinking of another coaster. But I still think there was more than one, even if they're both defunct. According RCDB the one at Gorky operated from 2008-2011, when the park closed, but I found some videos of the one at oktoberfest from 2009 and 2010. I may be completely wrong, so I apologize in advance if I am.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:17 pm

^You are wrong. There was only one of that style (portable Giovanola invert) built and it was EuroStar.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Nickstroberg » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:57 pm

It's a damn shame, as it looks like it would be a really forceful invert. That exit from the second corkscrew/wingover looks INSANE! Anybody here ridden it? If so, how was it?

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!