New coaster for Wildlife World Zoo in Phoenix

Irvine Ondrey Eng. Video: PLC Commissioning of Coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: New coaster for Wildlife World Zoo in Phoneix?

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 am

It's nice to see some zoos expanding with rides sections!

I thought the area at Columbus Zoo was very well done and I liked the looks of the new merry go round at the Cleveland Zoo when we visited last year. Speaking of the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo, I think that this is one of the more underrated zoos in the country. It is hilly, but really unique, clean and with lots of trees. It would be neat to see them expand where the section of the merry go round is with a few more rides and perhaps a smallish family coaster.
037.JPG
The merry go round at the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:06 am

Family coasters are neat to me for a variety of reasons. First, as an enthusiast they can be some of the best giggle coasters out there where you ride with non-stop laughing. Second, as someone who committed to a long term career with a family park I know family rides are what we need to do best with. In my opinion, family coasters need to balance kid-friendly with not inducing discomfort (due to tiny cars), pure boredom, or incredible lameness for parents. Family coasters even look better in advertising than standard oval kiddie coasters. For example (standing on my soapbox), Comet at Waldameer does this perfectly in which it's not scary for young children, but it's not something adults will feel crushed and uncomfortable riding with children. Adults even find it a very fun ride despite it's fairly tame nature. A win for everyone. From the few pictures circulating, it looks like Chance designed something that is big enough that kids will love it and not be too scared to get on it, and parents will also find it enjoyable.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby theredskull84 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:33 am

Definitely interested to see how this turns out. Esp with the success of Lightning Run, I could see a lot more Chance coasters ordered in the future.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:00 pm

^ Keep in mind, though, it's not a "Lightning Run", it's one of Chance's Family coasters like this:
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 14.57.31.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 14.57.43.png

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Looks like it could be the best coaster in Arizona.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TogoFan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:48 pm

The track really looks like a smaller version of TOGO track.

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:53 pm

I went to this park a couple years ago, right after they opened the Log Flume and Aquarium. It was a very nice, clean park and there is definitely room for expansion. The staff was super friendly and even though we went in April, it was still almost 100 degrees. I'm pretty excited to hear that "something" is coming to Arizona because frankly, living in this state as a roller coaster enthusiast is pretty damn hard. There just isn't too many coasters in this state. It's kind of crazy that the best Coaster in the state is at Schnepf Farms and hardly anyone has heard of that place unless they live in the Phoenix area. And yes, that coaster is better than the ones at Castles N Coasters because the airtime is INSANE!

I'm really excited to see this development progress and I have no doubt that this will probably be the best coaster in Arizona. Plus, hearing that they are expanding it with some kids rides too is going to be a great addition of the families!

Jimmy "Living in the heat!" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby theredskull84 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:21 am

^^^^Oh for sure, Robb. I just meant as far as Chance becoming a bigger player in the coaster scene. As I'm sure most people did, I grew up on all their amusement rides. So it's very cool to see all the bigger things they've started to do.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Paradox » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:30 pm

fatdaddy wrote:Looks like it could be the best coaster in Arizona.

:nina:
Is this a trick question?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby GreatAdventurer » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:20 pm

I'm so excited not only for a wildlife park expansion but also a cool new family coaster
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/74488e7fab820f9ee7ba271d6b37eba6.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!