Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

P. 39: Details & registration for Coasting for Kids 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Coasting for Kids 2015 - Be part of Team TPR!!

Postby rml907 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:44 am

gromithere wrote:
jray21 wrote:It's too bad it's Demon again. That's such a tough one to marathon. :vekoma:

Well, I will at least attempt it this year. ;) Not sure which is more abusive to marathon between Demon and Vortex.

Yes, it's really too bad that park is so small that they only have a few rides to chose from for this event.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby sspaz1000 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:38 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:Not to take anything away from the amazing donation tally, but I have a couple of questions for those who have done this before.

What, if anything, are riders permitted to have with them? Is it SOP like any other coaster ride on any other day, or are the marathoners allowed to bring articles such as water, music players, books, cushioning of some type, etc onto the ride? Any advice for us first timers on actually surviving the day? :)

Past few years they had a ride twice get off wait a train or two get back on policy. Haven't seen anything about that this year. But it's generally business as usual on a coaster. Depending on park, you are filling in empty seats on a ride.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:19 am

Some important info for everyone attending the event this weekend - We will want to cover the even and "Live Tweet" from as many parks as possible that Team TPR is participating at. We are looking for photos of our team having fun, sitting in the trains, hanging out, pictures of the park, the coasters, etc. Just overall take us on a journey through your day having a good time at the event!

To send us photos, please send them to us via Facebook or Twitter. You can tweet photos @themeparkreview and then I can retweet them, quote them, or re-post them. You can go to the TPR Facebook page and click "message" and send us a message with a photo attached. You can also email them me at robblavey@themeparkreview.com however that doesn't always work best, but it is an option.

again, please put these in your phone NOW and keep us updated as the event is underway.

Thank you!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:35 pm

^ Already planning to do so. What about Periscope? Would you be able to link to my streams? I've only just started using the app so I'm kinda dumb with it.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Periscope is a little bit more difficult only because it's easy for me to miss and I'd have to be on it, be there when you start a stream, and share it, and remember, tomorrow is our last day to get things all done before we go to Japan so it's going to be sort of a crazy day for me. I'll be able to post photos and stuff, but keeping an eye out for live streams may prove to be a little difficult.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:00 pm

^ No problem there, I just won't bother trying to figure it out, then. Tons of pictures it is!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:01 pm

^ I would still play around with it, and if I catch one of your periscopes I'll share it!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:28 pm

I've been pretty sick the past few days and was hoping to feel better but I still have a bad fever so I won't be making it. So sad I won't make it, but I'll be there in spirit! Hope everyone has a great day!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Grab a gallon of orange juice and get out there, haha.

No, don't do that. But great job raising money for the kids!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:59 am

Everyone awake? Have fun today!
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!