Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

P. 39: Details & registration for Coasting for Kids 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Coasting for Kids 2015 - Be part of Team TPR!!

Postby PhantomNick » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Okay, the first post in the thread has now been updated! It looks like all 11 parks now have a Team TPR created, including ones with no riders yet. I'm not sure if GKTW carried over popular teams from last year and created them, or if maybe Robb did. (Just curious, for those of you that signed up already and joined a Team TPR, did you create it, or was it already available to select?) For those signed up, check the first post and make sure everything looks good where I've listed your individual information (name, TPR screen name, and link to your personal fundraising page). If you see any errors, please let me know!

Itineraries for the parks usually take awhile to get finalized, so I wouldn't expect those just yet.

As the old saying goes, every journey begins with a single step.....Team TPR is off and running and has already raised $474 for GKTW! ;)
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:08 pm

When I signed up, Team TPR was set up for all parks.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:09 pm

PhantomNick wrote:Just curious, for those of you that signed up already and joined a Team TPR, did you create it, or was it already available to select?

As GCI mentioned, Team TPR was already an option, even for parks that didn't have any TPR members signed up yet. It looks like it was created as a default team in advance. However, since no one is in control of the team pages, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the team page with any custom pictures or text. Perhaps that's something a team captain would have control over, but I'm not totally sure how GKTW has that all set up.

Thanks for organizing all of this, Nick!
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:09 am

I am going to try and get me and my friend to do California's Great America this year, just to change it up a bit.

Postby GCI Wooden » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:53 pm

So, I remember that last year Cedar Fair implemented a new re-ride policy, and I was just wondering how that affected the "marathon" portion of the event. Not that that's the main reason I'm doing this, I'm just curious.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:31 pm

It's ok to join an existing team, right? I'm thinking of joining up with the Knott's team for my first time doing this. It sounds like a blast for a great cause.

Postby GCI Wooden » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:08 pm

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:It's ok to join an existing team, right? I'm thinking of joining up with the Knott's team for my first time doing this. It sounds like a blast for a great cause.

Here, just click the "Join Team button Here, go through the registration process, and you'll be apart of Team TPR!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby gromithere » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:28 pm

All signed up for my 4th year at Great America! Looking forward to raising funds and of course to participating! =) Should be signing my friend up for the team soon as well.

support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1018277&pg=personal&fr_id=1360

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby sspaz1000 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:17 pm

So where do I want to ride this year?

I've done Dorney twice, and Kings Dominion once. I was thinking Carowinds, but I have plans on visiting there the weekend before C4K, so getting to Charlotte two weekends in a row is a bit tough.

I know I'm participating, I just don't know where yet.

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Alright I'm signed up for the Knott's team! So stoked to actually do it this year!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!