Coasting for Kids 2019--Be Part of Team TPR!

P. 39: Details & registration for Coasting for Kids 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Coasting for Kids 2015 - Be part of Team TPR!!

Postby biker6 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Hey everyone, my fundraising page is up and running for Valleyfair! Here's a link to my page: http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1248105&pg=personal&fr_id=1390
Support me as I go Coasting For Kids!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Wait a second, why does it say that Team TPR pages need to be created, because I signed up under Team TPR for Valleyfair. :?r
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:53 pm

GnastyGnoric7 wrote:Just sent 15 dollars Kyle's way.

I caught that. Thanks a ton, buddy!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:25 am

Always enjoy this event and excited to participate in it for my 4th year. Just struggling to pick which park to go to this year.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Naina21 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:13 am

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 am

GCI Wooden wrote:Wait a second, why does it say that Team TPR pages need to be created, because I signed up under Team TPR for Valleyfair. :?r

You should be fine. He usually lists them as "needs to be created" until someone from TPR has offered to be the point person for that park.

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Barge84 wrote:
GCI Wooden wrote:Wait a second, why does it say that Team TPR pages need to be created, because I signed up under Team TPR for Valleyfair. :?r

You should be fine. He usually lists them as "needs to be created" until someone from TPR has offered to be the point person for that park.

By "point person", do you mean team captain, and if so, what are the responsibilities with that?

Also, do they have to be a certain age and do they have to have experience with the event?
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:08 pm

^ I would say that the "point person" just ends up being someone the day of the event that can be in contact with Robb to text photos from the event. In my experiences, there's not really a "team captain" per se. The main focus of a Team TPR at any given park is to just have a great time, make some new friends with fellow TPR members, and support this wonderful cause to help children in need. The coaster riding, to me, has always just been an added bonus! :)

So I wouldn't worry about having to be a team captain, especially if this is your first time participating in the event.

To clear up your earlier question about the first post still showing that teams need to be created: please keep in mind that while I plan to be very active in this thread to keep it moving and build some Team TPR momentum, I will not necessarily be able to update the team statuses, donation tallies, etc. every single day. (I do have work commitments and a new baby at home, after all! ;) ) All I politely ask is to be patient. Some weeks I may only be able to update that first post once or twice. Other weeks, I may be updating it every other day or so. Bottom line is we are keeping up on things, and the updates will happen. In fact, after this initial surge the last couple days, I'm hoping to have things updated later today.

Thanks to all those who have signed up and gotten some of our teams up and running!! Here's to a tremendous Coasting for Kids season for Team TPR! =)
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GnastyGnoric7 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Just made a 15 dollar donation to Josh.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5aa0eaad4726c9c20252cb701744a4a8.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Nick, thanks for clearing that up.

GnastyGnoric7 wrote:Just made a 15 dollar donation to Josh.

Thank you so much!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!