TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cornell Theme Park Entrepreneur Competition

Hey TPR Fanatics! My name is Ronnie Forster and I'm the President of the newly founded Cornell Theme Park Engineering Group (TPEG). Our group has created a new competition for all of those college aged theme park lovers that want to find a parallel between what they're learning and what they're interested in.

The competition is a purely virtual competition taking place the duration of the month of January. Teams of 2-4 student will be asked to create a 5 year plan for a new theme park based on a given plot of land. They will be judged on ride design, financial feasibility, how cohesive and innovative their ideas are, and how well they sell their idea to the intended demographic. Our judges range from the experienced coaster enthusiasts to professionals in the themed entertainment industry and will include TPR's own Robb Alvey.

If you are interested in participating in this competition or want more information feel free to contact me at rjf257@cornell.edu or sign up at http://www.cornelltpeg.co.nr under TPEC 2015 tab. I look forward to seeing a good TPR turnout! Get ready for the ride!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am insanely interested in doing this, however my major is film, would I be allowed to take part? Also, what kind of visuals are we allowed to use? I'm an animator and my potential partner is a graphic design artist/composer so I think we could have fun with this!

Glad to have you Robb!

Xmeister: You can definitely participate! Even through we are an engineering based group we encourage all majors from all colleges to take part. Since the abilities will vary between teams depending on what background they have we don't have restrictions on what type of visuals you can use, we want to to utilize what you know to show your own strengths. The only program that we require participants to know is No Limits either 1 or 2 for the ride design portion of the competition. We have posted a helpful introduction video on our facebook site (which you can find here: https://www.facebook.com/CornellTPEG) as well if you are a new No Limits user and need a little bit of a tutorial on how to use it. Let me know if you have anymore questions about the competition. Excited you're planning on competing!

Moose: Thanks for the luck! This is our first year doing the competition so we'll have to work out some of the kinks but we hope it goes well so we can keep bringing it back! Stay tuned to see how it pans out!

• 1 month later...