TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is It Airtime?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been on NTaG so I can't say how it feels like, but on both wave turns I've experienced(Outlaw Run and Bullet Coaster), there were very slight lateral. The parabola shaped hill is designed like a 0G hill but you are going through it sideways. The track then banked inside to give you sideway airtime. So I believe the force you've mentioned is airtime.

I'd say that upside down can be airtime, but it has to be perfect. It doesn't get the pass that ejector air does, where you're firmly contacting the restraint, but since you're right side up that's all the more impressive in a way. With sideways curves, it's more a matter of clear intent. Haven't tried it yet (although I proposed a similar element before any existed) but I expect that's pretty obvious .. and awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Airtime is the sensation of weightlessness generated by moving the opposite direction from the ground. A sideways hill is still airtime.

Though, it does annoy me a bit when people confuse airtime with hangtime. I love them both, but they are also very different experiences and deserve separate labeling.

^Well if you want to be even more technical airtime is not weightlessness, it's specifically negative Gs (at least in my view). For me weightlessness is just zero g (what you get on a zero g roll) and airtime is when you are actually pulled upwards (or sideways in the case of these "wave" elements) whether it is violently (like skyrush) or more gently like on B&M hypers.