Adventure Park USA (Frederick, MD)

Old Town's Windstorm Coming Soon
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Adventure Park USA (Frederick, MD)

Postby disownedpear » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 pm

They are getting a skycoaster: https://www.facebook.com/AdventureParkUSA/videos/10156200258950995/

I wonder why they don't announce their additions in advance, its not even on their website yet.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:47 am

Well that was very unanticipated. I thought Hologate VR was the only thing arriving this year. The Skycoaster is a little dissapointing. I'd rather see the Water Park or A new flat like a drop tower or some larson flyers.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Postby disownedpear » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:10 pm

The mini helicopters were also replaced with some kiddie Zamperla spinner. Rumor has it Tilt a whirl is coming back too.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:09 am

Have they said how tall the skycoaster is? I figure it's one of the usual 150-180 footers.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Postby disownedpear » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:04 am

Its 110, information about any of their rides is hard to find. Even at 110 this thing is going to look absolutely huge compared to the rest of the park, and the up charge will probably be one of the lowest for these types of rides.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:56 pm

^ I'm spoiled by the $10 season pass price on Fun Spot's skycoaster but I'd probably still do it if it were reasobably priced.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Postby disownedpear » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:14 pm

SkyCoaster, The Zamperla flat, mabye tilt-a-whirl and Hologate VR all in one year is pretty impressive, though I agree I would have rather gotten a real drop tower or trill ride.

Postby disownedpear » Sat May 19, 2018 8:34 pm

They are trying to get Tilt-a-whirl and sky coaster open by memorial day weekend, in case anyone cares :)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Does anyone know if this park gets crowded on Memorial Day weekend? I know it’s just an FEC so it won’t get many crowds, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby disownedpear » Sun May 20, 2018 10:22 pm

They are the most crowded days of the entire year, would not recommend.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!