TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney Themed Garage Haunted Mansion

We created a not too scary haunted mansion for Halloween in our garage! I created a 50ft long track that I elevated so the cart would wind slowly down through the "graveyard". I expected to send about 20 kids through but ended up having a steady stream of trick-or-treaters for about four hours. I was exhausted the next day from pushing the cart back up the track. We had a total blast making this thing. One trick-or-treater cried because he wanted to stay but "had" to go trick-or-treating instead.

hm_1.jpg.5d2d2e2ff655854b58fd5199a461e8df.jpg

hm_2.jpg.75468b40c73349759f874749b68c40ac.jpg

hm_3.jpg.17b77c1ba1ec905e4788c9837f5d772f.jpg

hm_4.jpg.ff6b782bad3e6d6b3c9c800c2a77b405.jpg

hm_5.jpg.730477fcd6bf8a8f3844f525f17941ed.jpg

hm_6.jpg.158f758fc833bbf3dd0781e7070222d4.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's great! Did you take a POV of it?

Thanks! I really only have video of us tearing down the ride and then one of us making the pop up tombstone guy. Operated by a shop vac. (below) Didn't quite have the Disney budget on this one! Halloween night was insane. I literally hung up the last lights then seconds later kids started lining up. Never took good video. I was going to recycle it but my wife wants one more year so I'll add a little next year and be sure to get a good video. I have such a newfound respect for the "eering" part of "imagineering". A bit tricky to get the speed right on that thing.

This is amazing. I wish I could have been a kid still trick or treating in your neighborhood. It reminds me of the homemade Mystic Motel.

Trust me! Plenty of adults went on it too. If you have any pics of your Mystic Motel, I'd love to see. I love the "homemade" rides, backyard coasters, dark rides ... totally fun to make. Gotta have a Home Depot nearby and a patient spouse. That's the key.

Now that's the way to use your garage.

Totally. We bought a house with a tiny yard but had this HUGE garage. The guy put a heater in it and everything Ironically, I can only afford my one little car so you gotta use the space for something, right? I made "Central Shops" in the back and started making a small ride system.

I'd definitely ride this over trick-or-treating! Very cool to see.

Thanks! A lot of older kids loved it. Didn't think that would happen. It wasn't scary or startling or anything, I just made it for little ones because there were a lot of the "hide behind a sheet and jump out at you" haunted houses in our neighborhood (which I also like) but nothing for all the little Iron Men and Elsa's walking around.

I seriously wish my family could've done something like this for Halloween when I was growing up! This is so awesome!

Yea, for sure! I remember wanting to always do things like this when I was little so now that I had the space, the tools (and a credit card ...) I wanted to do it so my kids and I could enjoy it together. They're 11 & 13 - growing out of trick or treating but still young enough to enjoy something fun on the holiday.

• 2 months later...