Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:36 am

I wonder what kind of drugs that place is selling. The expansions this place is doing in crazy lmao
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tygrysm » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:37 am

The red track is for Vekoma Mine Train that will be built in the next land.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:29 am

Ah thank you! I guess that will be in the concrete area near the top left? And I guess that this will be another new area!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:01 pm

grsupercity wrote:I wonder what kind of drugs that place is selling. The expansions this place is doing in crazy lmao

It's easy when the government is funding the project with tax dollars, which is also easy when your federal income tax is 18-32%, social security and "sickness tax" is 13.71%, and you pay a 23% sales tax (they call it VAT) on everything except food.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150(!)
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tygrysm » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Sure, except it doesn't. Energylandia is owned and run by a private company whose owner is a rollercoaster enthusiast and they have nothing to do with Polish government. I have no idea where that idea came from. Truth is they received two EU grants for about 17-18 million EUR (about 50-60% of total value of the projects they applied for) and that's it. Still, I'm not sure if that's enough to build Hyperion alone.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:54 pm

Here's where I got that idea:

https://energylandia.pl/en/about-us/subsidies/

Converted to US Dollars, that's $10,665,283.88 and $8,685,504.90. Not sure if that's EU or Polish finding, but it doesn't matter, they're not small figures.

Also, from the attached image posted during the Hyperion expansion, they received $1,599,953.36 direct from the Polish government and $9,066,402.48 from the EU, which might as well be the same source. Also not small figures.

And that's just what's being disclosed publicly by the park; if you don't think there's other incentives behind the scenes (which the fact that the Hyperion project numbers are not listed on their "subsidies" page, it virtually confirms that there are), you're blind.

I'm sure their independently wealthy owner has a lot to do with it, but you can't say that the government (either Poland's or the EU) wasn't highly involved in its success or massive growth. The park would look a lot different today if it didn't have the financial support of Poland/the EU.

I'm sorry if I offended your national landmark, but it is what it is.
energy2000.jpg
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150(!)
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!