Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 am

gardyloo! wrote:Be prepared to WALK, re-rides are not allowed and the lines are set up tenuously long.

Translation: Be prepared to be annoyed anytime you want to ride a roller coaster.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 am

Thanks for all the advice. ^ :lmao: That's kind of funny but also a bit worrying :| Indeed I have not heard many great things about the place (except for the main coasters).

gardyloo! wrote: Be prepared to WALK, re-rides are not allowed and the lines are set up tenuously long.

Oh yes, I had already seen a video somewhere about this very issue. Must be pretty bad

A.J. wrote:Also be wary of Hyperion's guest pulsing system at the end of the queue.

I'm not sure I understand... What do you mean?
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am

rcjp wrote:
A.J. wrote:Also be wary of Hyperion's guest pulsing system at the end of the queue.

I'm not sure I understand... What do you mean?

Robb explained this pretty well a few pages ago.

At the end of Hyperion's queue before you board, the queue splits into four groups. You have front row in #1, single riders in #2, and the rest of the train in #3, split into two groups themselves. When Hyperion is cycled, the turnstiles will open and let 4 people through #1, 4 single riders through #2, and 10 people through each gate of #3 for a total of 28 passengers.

There are so many problems with this. Splitting the rest of the train 10 / 10 means that each train is guaranteed to leave with empty seats, as no one is willing to communicate with each other for fill-in groups to step forward, nor do they understand what's going on in the first place. And what's worse is that once the doors open and you go to the boarding platform it's pretty much "anything goes death match" anyway. There were several instances where I saw single rider teenagers running around trying to hop from seat to seat, and even if you stick together a rogue single rider might split your group because they aren't told where to sit like they're supposed to be.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:39 am

Wow, okay....
Thanks for the explanation. That does indeed look like a mess. And it doesn’t make any sense to have a fixed number of single riders per train.
Anyway, we’ll see how it goes. I’m expecting to make a report when I come back home and I’ll let you know how the experience was.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:18 pm

2 Things:
How English Friendly is the park?
Do they accept credit cards?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 pm

A.J. wrote:When Hyperion is cycled, the turnstiles will open and let 4 people through #1, 4 single riders through #2, and 10 people through each gate of #3 for a total of 28 passengers.

There are so many problems with this. Splitting the rest of the train 10 / 10 means that each train is guaranteed to leave with empty seats, as no one is willing to communicate with each other for fill-in groups to step forward, nor do they understand what's going on in the first place. And what's worse is that once the doors open and you go to the boarding platform it's pretty much "anything goes death match" anyway. There were several instances where I saw single rider teenagers running around trying to hop from seat to seat, and even if you stick together a rogue single rider might split your group because they aren't told where to sit like they're supposed to be.

That sounds like the dumbest use of a single rider line ever. The intention should be to make sure there are no empty seats, no cause a free-for-all death match. :wtf:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

Postby A.J. » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:That sounds like the dumbest use of a single rider line ever. The intention should be to make sure there are no empty seats, no cause a free-for-all death match. :wtf:

The free-for-all death match doesn't even have anything to do with the single rider line - once everyone in groups 2 and 3 go through their turnstiles, there are no longer sanctioned lines and people gaggle up in front of the automatically opening door. Once the door opens, it's wide enough that people can go around each other and literally run to their desired row (though I recall the front is still blocked off) if they really want to.
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:36 pm

A.J. wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:That sounds like the dumbest use of a single rider line ever. The intention should be to make sure there are no empty seats, no cause a free-for-all death match. :wtf:

The free-for-all death match doesn't even have anything to do with the single rider line - once everyone in groups 2 and 3 go through their turnstiles, there are no longer sanctioned lines and people gaggle up in front of the automatically opening door. Once the door opens, it's wide enough that people can go around each other and literally run to their desired row (though I recall the front is still blocked off) if they really want to.

This sounds like the Black Mirror if theme parks. Seriously a nightmare brought to life.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby A.J. » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:39 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:This sounds like the Black Mirror if theme parks. Seriously a nightmare brought to life.

Not really a nightmare, but it can get insanely frustrating. For what it's worth, everyone kind of keeps to themselves so there's never any screaming or shoving, and once you get to the air gate of the row you want, boarding is pretty much business as usual unless, as I said before, a rogue single rider seat-hops into your row.

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:23 pm

Some new info regarding next season.

- new area is called "Aqualantis"
- coaster name is "Abyssus"
- area also includes DiskO Coaster, Rockin Tug and a boat ride
- a diving show
- a restaurant
- all designed by JoraVision

Also new artwork and CG renders:

7.jpg
"Abyssus" coaster entrance

9.jpg

4.jpg
"Aqualantis" area entrance

2.jpg

1.jpg

source:
http://www.mamnewsa.pl/magazyn/energylandia-otwarta-rowniez-zima-do-tego-calkiem-nowa-strefa-i-nowy-rollercoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!