Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:40 am

There are certainly some nice garden areas, and most non-guest areas are covered in grass. There are trees, too, but they aren't grown in enough to make much of a difference yet.

Here's a photo of a nicely-landscaped pathway near the terrible Viking Roller Coaster. But today, this is still the exception. Ten years from now, maybe things will look nicer throughout the park.
DSC_0194_WM.jpg
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am

^ And this is why I said about 85% of the park looked like what I posted because you would randomly see some nice landscaping, but then on the other side of that, you just had a typical fairground ride with little to no decoration at all...
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.52.48 PM.png

There was zero consistency, rhyme or reason to why some minor areas received slightly more attention that the ones right next to it.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:01 am

^ And that compared to what Legendia is doing at the "other" park in Poland. Just look at the difference in quality of area theming and landscaping around their latest ride....
lech 1.jpg

lech 2.jpg

lech 3.jpg

And sure, you can say "But Legendia has rides that look like ass, too" because they do...
ass.jpg

But those are the OLD rides that park seems to be renovating or removing whereas Energylandia has built stuff like that recently.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:43 am

Anyone ride Zadra already?

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:15 pm

I must say I was about 50/50 to ever visit this park but Robb you really made that more like a 60/40, and yes 60% on the "no" vote and 40% on the "yes" vote.
But I cannot lie, maybe I will be visiting the park in 2020. Right now I have something going on but this is still very fresh and requires things to work out this year. Anyways that trip will also include Legendia so I have a chance to ride Lech coaster also, throw in Hyperion and Zadra that look like they can give me something. With Speed I know what I can expect because I rode Divertical this year (solid ride but nothing new or exciting) and Roller Coaster Mayan gives me the chance to experience the "new" Vekoma SLC trains (But thats in no way a selling point for me). So if I get the chance next year I will take it. In about three weeks I will know more, if it stops there I doubt I'll make plans to go to there any time soon.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:18 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:I must say I was about 50/50 to ever visit this park but Robb you really made that more like a 60/40, and yes 60% on the "no" vote and 40% on the "yes" vote.

The park is absoultely worth visiting... but at least now you can adjust your expectations. And I'd also say the park is worth visiting provided you also visit Legendia on the same trip! :p

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:08 pm

robbalvey wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote:I must say I was about 50/50 to ever visit this park but Robb you really made that more like a 60/40, and yes 60% on the "no" vote and 40% on the "yes" vote.

The park is absoultely worth visiting... but at least now you can adjust your expectations. And I'd also say the park is worth visiting provided you also visit Legendia on the same trip! :p

You recommending the park even after the "bad" experience sums up nicely why it used to be 50/50. :p It justs feels like a mixed bag of a park. So the adjusted expectations comes with the drop to 60/40, It's still very much on my radar though it just the priority has dropped. Getting this park recommended together with Legendia however helps me to consider the trip down the line if next year doesn't end up happening.
I'm still hoping that things work out this year not only for a Poland trip next year but it can also make coaster trips in general easier in the future.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:01 pm

CatraBiNAS wrote:Anyone ride Zadra already?

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk

I got four laps on it today. It's a very aggressive (in a good way- not uncomfortable at all) ride. There is airtime everywhere. I preferred last row (rode three times in the back, once in the front). It doesn't let up. This one pulls less punches than Steel Vengeance, but it lands all of them, directly. I don't rank or keep lists, really, but I do know that at least at the moment, I can't decide between the two. Energylandia definitely has a big winner with Zadra.
Been you to have any spike, man?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Samuel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 pm

I didn't say anything amid the excitement over so many new additions, but I've felt that the park seems off in some way -- it reminds me of a model train village with odd props from college parade floats & Oktoberfest scraps. No matter how colorful the park gets, it looks artificial somehow.

Tree growth will certainly help, but I hope the park pauses construction to catch its breath at some point -- Six Flags proved that adding five coasters in two years isn't the recipe for the world's best parks.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:19 pm

The park is a little weird. I walked through it, but didn't bother with anything other than Zadra, Hyperion, Formula, and Mayan. It absolutely does feel like a temporary fair here and there. The new area, hopefully a sign of what is to come, is top-notch, though.

One nice surprise, at least for the rides I rode, were operations. I don't know if this is standard, but they were pumping trains out like it was no one's business- without fail. I wasn't expecting that at all. Two trains going on each of the four coasters I rode, all day, apart from an apparent technical issue on Zadra late in the day. They put the second train back on around 8 pm (park closed at 21:30/9:30 tonight). I don't know of any Six Flags park that would have given a damn about putting that second train back on, and I've never seen a Six Flags park that gets trains out of the station at the pace that this place did (at least today). I only bring up Six Flags, because that was the bar I had set coming into my visit. A funny thing I noticed is that riders on Zadra actually listened to the announcements and weren't constantly holding up dispatches by lowering the lap bars themselves. That's been, without fail, an issue every time I've ridden an RMC coaster, Cedar Fair or Six Flags.

Energylandia is the only European park I've had the chance to visit to this point (so I'm sure my standards are set low by default) and apart from 12 of the 16 or however many coasters they have being of the kid variety, and the really temporary-looking scenery here and there, it seems like it could be a promising place. I know they're expanding at a crazy pace- it would be nice to see some investment thrown at the shoddier parts of the park. I'll definitely visit again, when next I get the chance to go to Europe, because of Zadra and the next eleventy coasters they put in.
Been you to have any spike, man?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!