Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby dcxs » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 am

Oh so its opening tomorrow I missed that, looking forward to reviews :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:49 am

So they released the official POV on my Birthday, and are officially opening on my son's Birthday. How considerate of them! Unfortunately, we'll be halfway around the world. I still appreciate the thought! ;)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am

Edde wrote:This might've been pointed out before, but the picture for Zadra on Energylandia's website that shows up when you first visit the site doesn't really look like the real track.

I'll post a photo to elaborate what you're talking about:
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.35.03 PM.png

zadra_slider_www.jpg

zadra_slider_www1.jpg

Honestly having been to this park, this is 100% par for the course. The made-up facts, that flat out LYING about what the ride is and the records it holds. It has nothing to do with "locals don't know" it just is that this park knows damn well what they are doing and they don't give a shit.

Honestly, it has been a long, loooooong time since I was so turned off by a park like I was by Energylandia. And it's not even that Hyperion ran like crap for 3 out of the 5 rides I took in it, it was EVERYTHING about the park.

The whole place just seemed cheap and fake. Just like their marketing is. And just like most of their rides are. The RMC, Intamin hyper, and the Vekoma launched coaster aside, the park can really be summed up in this one statement...

"When you have SIXTEEN roller coasters at your park, and the FOURTH BEST coaster you have is a Vekoma SLC, that really says something about your park and the focus on quality."
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:42 am.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:45 am

LMAO.

So weird they would doubledown on these claims of a wood coaster when these hybrids are so "new" and "now" and therefore extremely more marketable (imo). Wooden coasters have been around forever, so why push something that so many people have seen/done, and not focus on the next-level, super cool technology you just installed? Eh.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:07 am

This is also the park with so many little rides and attractions in so many places that not only do they number the rides on the park map, they also have physical signs with the number on every single ride.

To be honest, I'm not sure the locals really care either. This is a clientele that's probably happy to have a huge theme park in their backyard in the first place.

I'm not sure I was -completely- turned off by the park in the end after our visit, but I can definitely corroborate some of Robb's feelings. But Zadra's marketing scheme is just ridiculous. Those people in the image aren't riding Zadra, they appear to actually be riding Hyperion!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 am

About that whole steel, wood, hybrid thing. The Worst part is that people will call it a wooden coaster just because of the construction of the ride. I've been to Walibi Holland 3 times after Untamed opened and each visit I heard people regard it as a wooden coaster, it annoys me but what can I do about it, I mean I'm not going to correct them (I don't even know them) and even if I did I doubt I can get them to call it steel or Hybrid.
But Energylandia supporting them just angers me, they know they're wrong and it's just a record claim they don't really own. Also that cheap photo-shop really angers me even more as thats just lying.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:55 pm

A.J. wrote:I'm not sure I was -completely- turned off by the park in the end after our visit, but I can definitely corroborate some of Robb's feelings.

You have have to remember though my experience is a bit different. You only dealt with them from a guest-facing perspective. I dealt with them not only with that but also from a group/tour organizer and a video production/social media aspect as well. There was a lot more going on behind the scenes that soured my opinions of the park, not just the quality of the park itself and the rides.

And then on top of that, my overall park experience. Honestly this was the most "Chinese" park I've ever been to, and I've been to a LOT of parks in China!

:lmao: :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:52 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Garet wrote:This is the place that charged us $2,000 to film on their coasters from 9am - 10am, and we didn't actually start filming until closer to 9:30am due to their lack of proper scheduling, which also included them handing us gift bags (thank you) but then immediately telling us we had to PAY to put them in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo before we would even be allowed to go into the coaster station, which ate into our paid filming time even more.

I had no idea that a park would charge you guys to allow you to film on their coasters! I guess I always figured parks would appreciate the publicity that your videos would provide, but I didn't previously consider there to other factors, like whether or not video monetization plays a role. Is this a common practice, or does it really just depend on the park?
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:06 am

So, let me get this straight. Originally, when Energylandia announced Zadra's opening date this week, the ride was advertised to be 61 meters (200 feet) tall. At the same time, Energylandia spoke about "the largest and tallest wooden roller coaster in the world", while we all know there is one at Cedar Point of 62 meters (205 feet) tall.

A few hours after the original publication, the texts on Facebook and descriptions on YouTube were adjusted. Now, according to Energylandia, Zadra is not 61 meters, but 63 meters tall. The top speed was also adjusted a bit later. During the construction, 115 kilometers per hour was assumed. Energylandia is now communicating a maximum speed of 121 kilometers per hour. That is also a record for a hybrid coaster.

I mean, this is just ridiculous.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wojok040 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:06 am

The EL marketing and this whole hybrid/steel advertising is one thing. It annoys me but Energylandia is not first or last in that manner.

If you are talking about quality you still need to remember that EL is only 5 years old, and in fact for a lot of European parks Vekoma's SLC is still 3rd or 4th coaster in their portfolio, or at least it was until they just built one more (Walibi, Heide-Park and many more). I think there is nothing to be ashamed of. Everything requires some time. I believe family rides will get much better within next few years. I hope that marketing ang guest services will also improve. No one succeeded in Theme Park industry in Poland. And just after Energylandia opened no one expected it to grow so quickly, and of course there are parts where Energylandia is a little bit behind, still you need to give them a chance.

Regarding the height it was known (at least on polish skyscraperity) that Zadra will be the highest hybrid, as someone from RMC said that in the interview around begging of the year.
wojok040

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!