Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:45 pm

:lover: :lover: :lover: It looks amazing! Not that I expected anything less from RMC. Reminds me of a cross between Goliath (SFGAm) and Hakugei! I can't wait to see this thing built. When it's done, I'd argue that Energylandia will have one of the if not the best 1-2 punch in Europe!

Side note: Anyone else realize the Schwur Des Karnan music playing throughout the video? Seems like it was being played by whoever recorded it, but that's still a bit odd. Not going to complain though, as Karnan probably has my favorite coaster soundtrack ever :)

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:21 pm

As AJ mentioned, I love those barrel rolls into turns. I also love how massive that zero G stall is.

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Looks like RMC’s most artistic design yet! Can’t wait!

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Dangggggg this park keeps getting better and better. Interesting that this time around, they're building a wooden structure but going with IBox track instead of Topper Track. Definitely a win regardless, but I do kind of prefer the slightly crazier feeling you get with Topper Track.

Was going to try and plan a trip here for next spring, but I might just hold off for 2020 for this. Then again, at the rate this park is adding awesome new stuff...

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:09 am

Seems to me that Europe allows more RMC Unleashed. I mean Wildfire and this coaster look so much better then Lightining Rod, Goliath or Outlaw Run.

Energylandia really worked itself on my radar I might find my way to there sometime in the future.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:50 pm

How is this ride legal? It's like Goliath meets Twisted Timbers. I love it. :lmao:

Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 pm

I know it's not at all the popular opinion, but I'm really not a fan of a lot of what RMC has been doing. Don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff (I think Twisted Cyclone is perfect, love iRat, and quite enjoy NTaG & Goliath). But one of my biggest nitpicks are all the really weird little direction changes in the middle of elements. I think those take away from the flow of the ride. Just smoothly shape the element to get from the desired entry point to the exit. Sometimes I wonder if they haven't borrowed Ron Toomer's coathanger. (And if you think that's extreme, just imagine riding an RMC with Arrow OTSR's and how much headbanging you'd get on a lot of the transitions vs how an Arrow would ride with just lapbars.)

Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm

Dombot wrote:How is this ride legal? It's like Goliath meets Twisted Timbers. I love it. :lmao:

Or maybe Goliath with the second half of the ride added on ...

I liked Goliath a lot, but it did feel incomplete.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:23 am

^^I don’t disagree with you. As fun as Steel Vengeance is, that weird trackwork is what keeps it from being one of my top...3?...coasters. Something about those mid-element kinks just feels clunky and cheap to me in a way that separates their coasters from the intense masterpieces from Intamin.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:20 am

coasterBro wrote:I know it's not at all the popular opinion, but I'm really not a fan of a lot of what RMC has been doing. Don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff (I think Twisted Cyclone is perfect, love iRat, and quite enjoy NTaG & Goliath). But one of my biggest nitpicks are all the really weird little direction changes in the middle of elements. I think those take away from the flow of the ride. Just smoothly shape the element to get from the desired entry point to the exit.

I know less about roller coaster engineering than I did a few years ago, but based on logic...

Slightly wonky trackwork is an unfortunate consequence of using an existing structure to create a new ride. Sometimes getting the track and clearances to line up with a particular area of the support structure becomes more important than a completely smooth and lateral-free transition, especially on a coaster like Steel Vengeance that relies so much on track that runs underneath and / or through the lower points of the structure. Twisted Cyclone is the only Rocky Mountain coaster I've ridden so far but I'd be willing to bet that their brand-new coasters (Outlaw Run, Lightning Rod, Goliath) have smoother transitions than their renovations because they have control of both the track layout and the support structure.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS