Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby Baffles » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 am

So is that what looks like space for a block brake in the middle? Rather bizarre that there is just a straight piece of track before the helix.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Baffles wrote:So is that what looks like space for a block brake in the middle? Rather bizarre that there is just a straight piece of track before the helix.

Yep, you can see the block brake on Divertical at 2:19 on this video:

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:42 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:
Baffles wrote:So is that what looks like space for a block brake in the middle? Rather bizarre that there is just a straight piece of track before the helix.

Yep, you can see the block brake on Divertical at 2:19 on this video:

I'm not sure just how often Mirabilandia uses the block brake, either. It sure as hell wasn't on when Robb filmed that video. You see me saying "alright, no brakes!" on the rider-cam because I'd ridden like 4 times prior and never once slowed down.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:37 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:I'm not sure just how often Mirabilandia uses the block brake, either. It sure as hell wasn't on when Robb filmed that video. You see me saying "alright, no brakes!" on the rider-cam because I'd ridden like 4 times prior and never once slowed down.

I think the brakes are just there so they can run more boats, then if a one doesn't clear the splashdown area, the next boat can be stopped (a bit like a conveyor at the top of a drop on a log flume would). I guess Energylandia doesn't need such capacity.

On Divertical if boats were stopped on the brakes they would sometimes get stuck. Miribilandia actually added a winch to one of the supports to help move them because of this.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:17 pm

I keep wondering if there's any reason why all these water coasters have drops of "only" 45 degrees or something like that. It just looks strange to have such a long straight section of track there.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:22 pm

rcjp wrote:I keep wondering if there's any reason why all these water coasters have drops of "only" 45 degrees or something like that. It just looks strange to have such a long straight section of track there.

I've always wondered the same thing...
Bigger is not always better.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:38 pm

rcjp wrote:I keep wondering if there's any reason why all these water coasters have drops of "only" 45 degrees or something like that. It just looks strange to have such a long straight section of track there.

A catwalk appears to run down the length of the drop (probably for evacuation from / maintenance to the elevator), so perhaps the stairs can only be so steep.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:19 am

Ever ride Goliath at Magic Mountain? Titan at SFOT? Yeah...
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:33 am

I believe its because the boats lack up stop wheels and if you have too many negative G's with no up stop wheels the boat could fly off the track. Heres a picture of a boat on Divertical as you can see no up stop wheels:

Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:53 am

Instead of normal upstop wheels, there is an upstop rail in the middle of the track that the boat attaches onto. In looking into finding a photo to illustrate this, I found a link to an article showing an evac of Divertical which eloquently proves A.J.'s theory that it is in case the lift gets stuck :lol: https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/ravenna/cronaca/mirabilandia-divertical-bloccato-video-1.2319490
DSCF9583.JPG
Image showing the upstop rail. Credit: stevecoasterblog.blogspot.co.uk
download.jpeg
Evac using the stairs. Credit: www.ilrestodelcarlino.it
download (1).jpeg
Evac using the stairs. Credit: www.ilrestodelcarlino.it

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!