Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 54 - Hyperion Front Seat POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby BigBad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

JordyC wrote:Also, on November 30th, 2017, Vekoma has given an offer to one of Energylandia's bids. Indeed, Vekoma has won a contract for a new wooden roller coaster. Since Vekoma is the European distributor of Rocky Mountain Construction, it will most likely be a wooden coaster signed from RMC!
So does this mean that they're getting a hyper-hybrid RMC, plus a wooden coaster with the RMC stamp of approval?

Wow.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Don't get too excited there. Vekoma is just the broker for Rocky Mountain coasters in Europe.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby BigBad » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 pm

A.J. wrote:Vekoma is just the broker for Rocky Mountain coasters in Europe.
I've heard this about Vekoma many times, but what does it mean? It makes it sound like European RMCs will be designed by Schilke but built by Vekoma. Is that what happened with Wildfire?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby AJK » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:04 pm

I hope B&M stays away from this place.
Top 5 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Hyperion 4. Twisted Colossus 5. Millennium Force
Top 5 Wood: 1. Swamp Fox 2. Cu Chulainn 3. Mystic Timbers 4. Shivering Timbers 5. Racer @ KI

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coastered » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:18 am

BigBad wrote:
I've heard this about Vekoma many times, but what does it mean? It makes it sound like European RMCs will be designed by Schilke but built by Vekoma. Is that what happened with Wildfire?

No that is wrong.
RMC has chosen Vekoma to help them selling their hybrid coasters in Europe, because Vekoma has a lot of contacts with european themeparks. This makes it a lot easier for RMC.
RMC still designs and builds these rollercoasters, but Vekoma will help them with the build.
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

Postby coastered » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:23 am

BigBad wrote:

No that is wrong.
RMC has chosen Vekoma to help them selling their hybrid coasters in Europe, because Vekoma has a lot of contacts with european themeparks. This makes it a lot easier for RMC.
RMC still designs and builds these rollercoasters, but Vekoma will help them with the build.
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:37 am

In the peculiar case of Wildfire, Vekoma built the steel structure for the lift. But otherwise, Wildfire is a RMC and Vekoma is only a dealer.

Postby BigBad » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 am

Thanks for the clarification! I’ve been wondering about the RMC-Vekoma relationship for a while.

So now this Vekoma contract with Energylandia, is that an RMC wooden coaster in addition to the hybrid?

Postby coastered » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:29 am

BigBad wrote:Thanks for the clarification! I’ve been wondering about the RMC-Vekoma relationship for a while.

So now this Vekoma contract with Energylandia, is that an RMC wooden coaster in addition to the hybrid?

No that's all about the same coaster

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 am

BigBad wrote:Thanks for the clarification! I’ve been wondering about the RMC-Vekoma relationship for a while.

Just as a tidbit to add, that relationship also means that Rocky Mountain Construction doesn't have to spend time and resources shipping their stuff over for the Euro Attractions Show every year, because Vekoma is already there.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!