Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 54 - Hyperion Front Seat POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:34 am

Whoa...wait a minute...

AQUATRAX!!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:50 am

Lol this is getting ridicilous!! :lmao:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 am

SharkTums wrote:Whoa...wait a minute...

AQUATRAX!!!!!
Aquaman.jpg

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:15 am

An aquatrax with 5+ inversions...

This park has the design philosophy of a RCT player. I love it.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 am

JordyC wrote:RMC I-box
- Length: min. 1300 meters
- Height: max. 60 meters
- Speed: min. 110 km/h
- Inversions: min. 3
- Max G-Force: 4 G
- Min G-Force: -1,2 G
- Number of trains: 2
- Number of cars per train: 6
- Number of riders per train: 24

Interesting, so a ground up hybrid? Or possibly the structure will be all steel? Can't wait until more details release about this one.

HOW ARE THEY PAYING FOR ALL THESE RIDES?!!?!? :lmao: :lmao:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:43 am

Unpopular opinion here, and please feel free to chime in. I really hope that the park changes their new rollercoaster additions style, and here's why. I went onto RCDB.com and just had a quick peek at all of the rollercoasters they have or plan to have

They have/will have a:
-Spinning Mouse
-SLC
-SBF Visa 2-Helix Family Coasters
-SBF Visa Spinner
-Wacky Worm
-2nd Gen. Vekoma Launcher
-Vekoma Rollerskater
-Vekoma Family Suspended
-Go Gator
-Vekoma Family Boomerang
-Intamin Hyper
-Intamin Water Coaster

Now if we break those rides down into category of how "good" they are, we'll have:
Fantastic-
Hyperion (Intamin Hyper)
Formula (Vekoma Launch)

Good-
Roller Coaster Mayan (2nd Gen SLC)
Speed (Intamin Water Coaster)
Dragon (Vekoma Family/Thrill Suspended)

Eh-
Viking (Spinning Mouse)
Boomerang (Vekoma Family Boomerang)

Just here to bump up the coaster count-
Circus Coaster (Go Gator)
Frutti Loop Coasters (Wacky Worm)
Energús (Rollerskater)
Mars (SBF Family)
Happy Loops Coaster (SBF Spinner)

And looking at this breakdown, while some may disagree with placements of a few attractions, can see that by the time their 2 most recent rides open, they'll be in a bit of a situation. The park is rapidly expanding to try and hit 20 coasters, but then I'm concerned we'll be looking at a park with a severe case of Canada's Wonderland syndrome where they will have a few amazing coasters, a couple good supporting ones, and then a bunch of "eh" ones that are okay-why is this here, that will simply be there to get them up to 20 coasters. Magic Mountain had this problem for a long time where they'd be rapidly expanding without any thought towards future affectment, and now that they've taken a step back and looked at other things like dining experience, themed lands, and operations, they've definitely been able to make it a better park, even though they haven't added a coaster in over 4 years. The park is definitely making a step in the right direction by adding 2 world class coasters and a decent family one for 2019, however, there's still a lot of planning they need to do to be the premier rollercoaster park they're trying to achieve. I'm just worried that visitors will come for the "MOST ROLLERCOASTERS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD" ads, and then walk out saying "Well there were a couple good coasters, and that family coaster was fun, but a lot of rollercoasters there were kids ones and were trash" which then leads to eh reviews and less funding from the government, which leads to less rollercoasters, and less revenue. HOWEVER, the reason I haven't bashed the park on the things that Magic Mountain had when it was under this mindset is the park, aesthetics wise, looks fantastic. The Mars Coaster?! That had some of the most impressive theming I've ever seen on a kiddie coaster, and the operations look solid, and the food looks pretty decent. Every single ride looks well maintained, and although not in a themed land, looks heavily themed to it's respective self. So thank you if you've actually read all this which is pretty impressive, and let me know if you agree or disagree, I'd love to hear some other opinions on it

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:43 am

Superbatboy wrote:HOW ARE THEY PAYING FOR ALL THESE RIDES?!!?!? :lmao: :lmao:

Bigger is not always better.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby bf9 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:59 am

JordyC wrote:
HOW ARE THEY PAYING FOR ALL THESE RIDES?!!?!? :lmao: :lmao:

Taxpayers of EU countries. While good for enthusiasts...horrible management of funds for everything else.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Wow. An Intamin hyper in 2018 and an RMC + by 2020. You would think this park was in China, but nope. I hope they're not biting off more than they can chew. So happy that I have family about an hour from the place. I predict a Flyer and either a Wing Coaster or Dive Machine by 2023, and an exact clone of Eagle Fortress, somehow, in 2024.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Mr. Corn wrote:And looking at this breakdown, while some may disagree with placements of a few attractions, can see that by the time their 2 most recent rides open, they'll be in a bit of a situation. The park is rapidly expanding to try and hit 20 coasters, but then I'm concerned we'll be looking at a park with a severe case of Canada's Wonderland syndrome where they will have a few amazing coasters, a couple good supporting ones, and then a bunch of "eh" ones that are okay-why is this here, that will simply be there to get them up to 20 coasters.

Cedar Point's, Magic Mountain's, Canada's Wonderland's, and Energylandia's "most roller coasters" cards are really only draws to get people in the gates. Do you really expect any "normal" guests to even consider riding the SBFs, Wacky Worm and Go Gator? I certainly don't.

In addition, I'd bet that Energylandia's top demographic is families, and that it will likely stay that way even if they take the record. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the "eh" reviews you speak of would likely come from parents who would remark that there aren't enough choices for their children, had they not added these kids' coasters. You also have to consider that these kids coasters are alternatives to children's flat rides both to the guests and the park's design team. There are only so many variations on the Zamperla Jump Around formula. If they can kill two birds with one stone by having a children's tracked ride with its own layout that they can just so happen to call a coaster for their count, then so be it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!